ironkey secure usb raises $22mm

Melvin Carvalho

May 4, 2010, 11:26:41 AM5/4/10
to foaf-pr...@lists.foaf-project.org, business-of-li...@googlegroups.com
A FOAF+SSL version anyone?

http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/03/ironkey-raises-22-million-for-secure-usb-flash-drives/

Add the social secure web of trust?

Dan Brickley

May 4, 2010, 12:01:45 PM5/4/10
to Story Henry, Melvin Carvalho, business-of-li...@googlegroups.com, foaf-pr...@lists.foaf-project.org
On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Story Henry <henry...@bblfish.net> wrote:
> I think as soon as we have good demos, this will be one way of making a bit of money from
> the social networking code we are developing.

Just an aside. Might be interesting to have such a device also with an
RFID in it, so if you trust the association between key and RFID, then
cheaper RFID-based checks can be used to demonstrate possession...

Context: I was chatting with the MediaMatic folk here in Amsterdam,
they have these nice 'ik tags', simple RFIDs -
http://www.mediamatic.net/page/101128/en - and a few devices like
camera-windows that use the link between RFID and Web account to make
quick record of 'co depicitions'...

Dan

Nathan

May 12, 2010, 8:59:05 AM5/12/10
to Dan Brickley, foaf-pr...@lists.foaf-project.org, business-of-li...@googlegroups.com
any more info on the 'ik tags'? i like the pictures of the frog (or is
it a toad?) but didn't glean too much :p

Best,

Nathan