Re: An ontology for adverts?

Kingsley Idehen

Jul 25, 2013, 8:32:07 PM7/25/13
to publi...@w3.org, business-of-linked-data-bold
On 7/25/13 4:00 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is any ontology for adverts?
>
> I'd like to take a product or service or project, then put up a banner
> link or a text ad on my site based on machine readable data
>
> Is DOAP the best bet?

A clear machine-readable description is the optimal ad for anything :)

Conventional Ads are contextually challenged due to imprecision inherent
in the nature and sources of demographic data, and eventual audience
profiles.

Linked Data addresses this problem (paradox) in the most powerful way.
Remember, every resource on a webby network (e.g., World Wide Web) is a
puzzle piece.

A personal profile document is a demographic goldmine. The same applies
to a well described product or service. Combine both and you have what
everyone seeks!!

Conclusion: applied Linked Data is the solution!

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO