How to 'cancel' a meeting where attendees will be notified

candm...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2013, 3:14:56 PM3/18/13
to business...@googlegroups.com
If I set up a meeting and invite attendees, how can I later cancel the meeting, and have the invited parties be notified that the meeting was canceled?

Currently the app only seems to allow me to delete the meeting from my calendar, but in doing so it doesn't notify the attendees.

Am I doing something wrong? If not, please consider this a critical feature request.

Thanks!
(Paid owner of the app)

Business Calendar Support

Mar 19, 2013, 8:32:31 AM3/19/13
to business...@googlegroups.com, candm...@gmail.com
Hey,

thanks for your post.

If you sync with Google, usually the attendees get informed, when being entered as attendee as well as when the event is cancelled.
Do you sync this calendar with Google?

Kind Regards,

Maria Knofe from Business Calendar Support
Business Calendar - Easy. Fast. Professional.

Join us @ Facebook

candm...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2013, 9:03:21 AM3/19/13
to business...@googlegroups.com
I primarily use business calendar with my business' exchange server calendar. When I add attendees to an event (on my exchange calendar) using Business Calendar, it DOES notify the attendees. It does NOT notify the attendee however, when I delete that same event.

thank you for your help.

Business Calendar Support

Mar 20, 2013, 8:44:43 AM3/20/13
to business...@googlegroups.com, candm...@gmail.com
Hey again,

hmm, I see.
This is a function related to Google/Exchange, since they initiate the mails. I am afraid there is not much we can do about at the moment.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

candm...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2013, 9:31:02 AM3/20/13
to business...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again for the help and the response.

I am thinking (hoping) that it may be something you can add in future versions of Business Calendar? I really prefer your app because it had a much cleaner interface than the stock calendar app in my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note II).

The built-in calendar app would seemingly have the same programming limitations your software would have, but that built in program does allow notification of attendees. If I delete an event from my exchange calendar in that program, it will come up with a prompt box asking if I want to notify the attendees. Is that something you could implement?

Business Calendar Support

Mar 20, 2013, 10:24:21 AM3/20/13
to business...@googlegroups.com, candm...@gmail.com
Hey again,

I see what you mean.
Currently we are working on anumber of new features and after finishing them we might consider such a function, although I believe we do not have the permissions at the moment so we have to consider such an implementation very carefully.

candm...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2013, 10:51:59 AM3/20/13
to business...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your consideration!

cgea...@familylife.com

Dec 2, 2013, 3:58:20 PM12/2/13
to business...@googlegroups.com, candm...@gmail.com
I just ran into the same problem but maybe a little different. Our company migrated from Exchange to Google about a month ago. One of the AA's here tried to cancel a reoccurring meeting to several people for a particular day. It removed from her calendar but not everyone elses. Also it was created in Outlook before we migrated to Google. Your Thoughts.

Chris

On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:51:59 AM UTC-5, candm...@gmail.com wrote:
Thank you for your consideration!

sjsueztech

Apr 3, 2015, 12:54:53 PM4/3/15
to business...@googlegroups.com, candm...@gmail.com, cgea...@familylife.com
If you either setup the meeting or have the ability to change the meeting details, do the following:
  1. Where it asks, "Are you going?" I select "No", in the notes section I put in "Meeting Cancelled".
  2. In addition, I add "Meeting Cancelled" to the end of the title of the event.
  3. Then click "Save" and have it send updates to all invitees.
  4. Afterwards, Google puts a strikethrough through the meeting title, since you declined to go to the meeting.
  5. All invitees simply need to decline to go to the meeting and select "No" like in step 1.
  6. Done.
Hopefully, this is helpful to someone else.

neil.cl...@motorolasolutions.com

Apr 14, 2015, 10:44:20 AM4/14/15
to business...@googlegroups.com, candm...@gmail.com, cgea...@familylife.com, ezequiel...@sjsu.edu
Just hit "Delete" in the meeting request and it will send the cancel to the guests and remove it

oren.b...@pwc.com

Dec 10, 2015, 5:08:04 PM12/10/15
to Business Calendar, candm...@gmail.com, cgea...@familylife.com, ezequiel...@sjsu.edu, neil.cl...@motorolasolutions.com
A related question -
Let's say I schedule a meeting with some people, one of which declines.  If I move the time of the meeting, will the person who declined get the notification of the updated time?

jennife...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2016, 12:05:38 PM1/15/16
to Business Calendar, candm...@gmail.com, cgea...@familylife.com, ezequiel...@sjsu.edu, neil.cl...@motorolasolutions.com
Deleting a meeting from the Samsung Galaxy that was created on my businesses exchange is not sending the cancellation notice even though it prompts you to write one.  This has become frustrating.

sk...@purestorage.com

Mar 2, 2017, 2:55:15 PM3/2/17
to Business Calendar, candm...@gmail.com
I have the same problem, whereas I appreciate the workaround below (declining the meeting yourself an adding 'meeting cancelled' in the note)
I hope the dev team has requested the cancel meeting notification as an enhancement in future release. It's a basic need IMO.

dmash...@mib.isdi.us.com

Dec 14, 2017, 11:58:07 PM12/14/17
to Business Calendar
Here's what I did: Add CANCELLED to title of meeting. Go to the right where participants' emails are listed. Click on 'email.' You can then send an email to all and notify them meeting was cancelled.

Sheila Kane

Dec 15, 2017, 1:08:40 AM12/15/17
to business...@googlegroups.com
Yes thats what I do now thanks
--
Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie in Google Groups ein Thema der Gruppe "Business Calendar" abonniert haben.

she...@first5association.org

Apr 3, 2019, 7:59:09 PM4/3/19
to Business Calendar
Most of our business associates use Outlook.  When I cancel, or rather Delete a meeting, the option to notify people why the meeting is being removed pops up.  Great!  Except... everyone with Outlook does get the notification but it does not remove or cancel it on their computers.  If the email gets passed up, which in busy people's inboxes this is not uncommon, they will review their calendar and still see the meeting in their calendar with no changes.  For now, the work around seems to be to modify the title of the event with "CANCELLED" before it, then send the note to all guests since changes were made, and leave it.

jk...@carthage.edu

Mar 2, 2020, 12:58:16 PM3/2/20
to Business Calendar
This method worked perfectly. I added CANCELLED to the original meeting notice, then hit SAVE. This opened a small box in which I was able to enter a note about why the meeting was cancelled. Then, still in that box, I clicked Send and it sent it to everyone who'd been invited to the meeting initially. Thanks for this solution.