Zara Massey

Apr 27, 2009, 12:34:00 PM4/27/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
Oh also  if any of you want to meet  tonight..depending on whether you have class..I'm willing to skip my 7:35 class.I know Sharon mentioned she might be able to meet up.
So do email and we can go over it tonight as well as tommorow.
Zara

Zara Massey

Apr 27, 2009, 2:14:01 PM4/27/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
I have added some things that are in red, like i said im not sure if it should be evidence or rationale for the alternative.
Also Im going through the other parts...and will try to edit those. I'll put them in red, so they can be changed back to the original easily.
If any of you changes antyhing, please choose a different colour so we can keep track of whats been added/updated.
Zara

Walt Disney - Updated April 27.doc

chirag mehta

Apr 27, 2009, 2:46:41 PM4/27/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
Alllllll Rittttttttteeeee.....

All the numbers are in favor of our  "Central Issue"....

I have derived many things from the given #. But, I didn't make any additional assumptions for Tax & Interest as it could be very subjective due to changing Leverage.

As a result, I did 3 part DuPont instead of 5 part. But, still it is very clear & I will be able to write & speak about it.

Please check the attached Excel. Sheet 1 has EBIT % Margin, ROE DuPont analysis & Disney stock vs.S & P performance calculation etc... in Sheet 1 ...where Sheet 2 is some graphs which will go on Power point...so who ever is making ppt...please put it at Justification of central issue....

About meeting in the evening at 7.30 pm....well 7.35 pm class was cancelled on last Wed & is already cancelled for this Wed... lol...  so today is the only class in two weeks...so dts the ''Central issue" for tonite class....now I see e'thing as Central issue...lol...

If you have any comments about the Excel & Charts...you are welcome to do so.... I am not dt smart in making charts...so if you can make it more effective...dt wld be great...

Thanks,
Chirag

chirag mehta

Apr 27, 2009, 3:04:05 PM4/27/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
Here it goes....

no attachment Chirag or I may have missed it and if you have anything written up around it just let me know

Apr 27, 2009, 3:23:32 PM4/27/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
....I will be free by 4 pm..so will write the analysis of the numbers and how it supports our central issue....

...then it will make some sense.... I know just by looking at some calculations & charts..it is difficult to see the logic....

...we can use it wherever it is required.....

Zara Massey

Apr 27, 2009, 3:39:02 PM4/27/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com

this might be a nice watermark image..there are so many others though

untitled.bmp

Vincent Varghese

Apr 27, 2009, 4:42:23 PM4/27/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
Zara, on page 5 in what you wrote for the second alternative, do you think the portion about divesting businesses and nurturing talent ends up being the same as alternative 3?

Also, using your outline that you originally sent, Alternative 1 states that Disney could stay on the same course.  I've been thinking over and over about it, but if they continue to do what they have been doing, how can we consider it an alternative? By definition, an alternative would have to be different from what they are currently doing no?

chirag mehta

Apr 27, 2009, 4:45:03 PM4/27/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
Team...sorrry... Client was little long...just got free... now have to rush for 6 pm class...so I will be able to write up the analysis after classes... so late night....

I wld send it as a seprate word document...then try to integrate it at proper places...

Thanks,
Chirag

Zara Massey

Apr 27, 2009, 5:04:57 PM4/27/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
no that was actual;ly alternative 3...the tile alternative 3 got deleted. The overseas expansion was where alternative 2 ended.

Zara Massey

Apr 27, 2009, 5:08:31 PM4/27/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
and the thing about repositioning ABC, well that would be a business strategy, not a corporate one.

sharon...@ubs.com

Apr 27, 2009, 5:39:47 PM4/27/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
everyone I have attached a skeleton presentation for us to use....

Just put your bullets together on the slide and I can take it from there

If you need help please drop the bullets in an email and thats fine as well.

I think I have all the write ups thus far and I will work on it now.   But feed back is welcome and if you can think of anything please let me know