Presentation Grade

Vincent Varghese

May 14, 2009, 5:22:56 PM5/14/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sharon/Chirag....

I'm not sure if you guys heard but we got an 'A' on our presentation :)

Thanks to everyone for this.

chirag mehta

May 14, 2009, 11:18:46 PM5/14/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
Amazing guys.... great team work....

I was out of town for 4 days....a resort in hudson valley....so no internet connection.... :)

we are a great team....I wld like to stay in touch with all of you.... where ever we go after school....

although I am nt on Facebook n all...but i wld be once I finish my CFA L II exam....

See you on Tuesday.... also..if you all can make on Thursday night party...it wld be great fun...last party of GSA....
please come if you can..we can some pictures together....i wld appreciate it....

Good luck to all for the finals!

sharon...@ubs.com

May 15, 2009, 10:13:51 AM5/15/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
TOGA, TOGA.......OK for the sake of humanity I promise not to show up in one:-)

Good luck on your exam and it was great working with you guys as well.

May 15, 2009, 10:35:29 AM5/15/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
you mean next Thursday, the 21st?That's when most of us have our last final.
See you Tuesday...
Zara

chirag...@baruchmail.cuny.edu

May 15, 2009, 2:52:06 PM5/15/09
to 9200 group
Why Sharon? We are all graduating & this is the last party by GSA...so you should be there & meet e'one...

Zara Zara....yes...it is next Thursday evening... 9-12.......... hope to see you there....

Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 10:13:51 -0400
From: sharon...@ubs.com
To: bus92...@googlegroups.com
<BR<BR

sharon...@ubs.com

May 15, 2009, 3:42:17 PM5/15/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
Ok I will be there......Thanks

May 16, 2009, 11:04:32 PM5/16/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com

nIt is much more difficult to imitate a system of activities than it is to imitate parts
qE.g. Dell, Nucor

nIdentify your superior resources
qE.g. Disney, Newell, Dell, Nucor

nLong-term success requires a clear strategy
qE.g. Newell, Dell, Airborne, Wal-Mart

nStrategy is a set of trade-offs
qE.g. Dell, Airborne, Newell, IKEA

In general I think thePorter article is also applicableto everything

my guess is these articles are important.

Read HBS NOTE Pankaj  Ghemawat & Jan W. Rivkin, “Creating Competitive Advantage”

Read ER Chan Kim & Renee Mauborgne, “Blue Ocean Strategy”

Read ER David Collis & Cynthia Montgomery, “Creating Corporate Advantage”

Read ER Michael Porter, “From Competitive Advantage to Corporate Strategy”

Read ER David J. Collis and Cynthia A. Montgomery, “Competing on Resources: Strategy in the 1990s”

Read ER Jay Barney, “Looking Inside for Competitive Advantage”

chirag mehta

May 18, 2009, 9:21:56 PM5/18/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
Hey Venkat!

Sorry man... couldn't reply...but frankly I m yet to read the case as i m stuck with CFA prep....I wld read it probably tomorrow.......
...but one thing is for sure....if u r saying this articles are importnat...then it is... :)

i wld read it with a "Birds Eye" view....
Good luck to all....

Zara Massey

May 18, 2009, 11:47:41 PM5/18/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
sorry guys,
I wasn't able to get to it, had 2 exams today.will read up on it tonight.
but i think the core competency and the not being able to imitate  the whole system defintely applies.
Zara

Venkat Kalyan

Jun 2, 2009, 11:34:56 PM6/2/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
Wondering why our final grades are taking such a long time .

Zara Massey

Jun 2, 2009, 11:43:49 PM6/2/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
right...i was wondering if you all had gotten them and maybe i flunked the course or something.
But am relieved to know that yours arent in either!!!
Anyway Venkat, you must be all set to leave, I hope you have a smooth transition and wish you all the best.
Hope the rest of you are doing well also.
Zara

Venkat Kalyan

Jun 2, 2009, 11:54:38 PM6/2/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
Pretty much set to leave. Problem isi need to getthegrads and send over my transcripts to Villanova and get thedegree all in 10 days. Hm...

Zara Massey

Jun 2, 2009, 11:57:31 PM6/2/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
did you email the professor?maybe you should regarding your grades at least coz you need it on a urgent basis.

chirag mehta

Jun 3, 2009, 6:39:06 AM6/3/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
No no...I did so much of BS in his test...so he may be still trying to understand wt I have written...so delaying result ;-)
....kidding... I met him twice after the exam.... he was in Jeans & T-shirt both time... i think he is also relaxing like us....

BTW Venkat... when r u leaving!? ... i wld like to meet before u leave for INDIAAAAAAAAA ..... hope after this Saturday, as I m taking CFA L II on dt day....

chirag mehta

Jun 3, 2009, 6:41:45 AM6/3/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
Oooh... now I saw ur e-mail.... in that case, i think we will be able to meet...

chirag mehta

Jun 3, 2009, 8:29:49 AM6/3/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
Team... check your Grades.... he has posted it... check your baruch mail....

Zara Massey

Jun 3, 2009, 12:06:24 PM6/3/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com

 Thank you Chirag for letting us know.I'm sure we all managed to get a good grade. I thought the same btw, regarding my BS on the exam and his inability to comprehend it, hence the delay!!!!

Zara

sharon...@ubs.com

Jun 3, 2009, 1:15:45 PM6/3/09
to bus92...@googlegroups.com
You guys are a riot.....Grades were posted today he sent me an email with my grade as well.....