BWBC meeting April 3 - Battery Street and Car-Free Day

Erik Brotz

Mar 28, 2024, 6:44:40 AMMar 28
to burlingto...@googlegroups.com

Please join the Burlington Walk-Bike Council on Wed., April 3 , 5:30-7 pm for a discussion on the options for improving walking and biking on Battery Street, as well as potential plans for World Car-Free Day on Sept. 22.

We recommend that people attend in person to participate effectively in the Battery St. discussion while reviewing the physical prints of the draft plans.

AGENDA - Burlington Walk / Bike Council

April 3, 2024, Wednesday 5:30 – 7:00 pm

MEETING OPTIONS:

1. In-person - DPW conference room at 645 Pine Street, Burlington

2. Virtually - using Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88225473951?pwd=YzFFQ1Q3Y3J4bzcwR2VNYWRFWnhtUT09   Passcode: 091788

AGENDA:

1. Introductions, Announcements, Updates and Public Comments (15 min)

2. Battery Street options (50 min)

We’ll review and provide feedback on the options being considered for new active transportation facilities on Battery Street.  We will have large physical print-outs of the plans to look at, so in-person attendance is recommended.

3. World Car Free Day, and the process for street closures (25 min)

We’ll discuss ideas for World Car Free Day (Sept 22), as well as the process for closing neighborhood streets.

Previous Meeting – At the March 6, 2024 meeting, we received updates on many projects currently in progress or in planning, and also discussed the processes for sidewalk replacement and new crosswalks.  DPW presentations are here.

Next Month:  BWBC Meets Wednesday, May 1, 2024, 5:30 – 7:00 pm