BWBC Meeting, Wed 6/7 a 5:30 PM

Faith Ingulsrud

Jun 2, 2023, 7:16:58 AM6/2/23
to burlingto...@googlegroups.com, liason...@googlegroups.com

Burlington Walk / Bike Council

June 7, 2023, Wednesday 5:30 – 7:00 pm

MEETING OPTIONS:
1. In-person - DPW conference room at 645 Pine Street, Burlington
2. Virtually - using Zoom:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88225473951?pwd=YzFFQ1Q3Y3J4bzcwR2VNYWRFWnhtUT09  Passcode: 091788  (See other remote access options below)

AGENDA:

1. Introductions, Announcements, Updates and Public Comments

2. Updates from Department of Public Works (DPW) Staff from DPW will offer updates and invite discussion on the scope and timing of their Walk/Bike Action Plan, and how to engage on it.  They will also provide an overview of their current plans for additional public bike parking.  See also the map DPW created for the public to provide input on bike parking needs.

3. Proposed Updates to City Ordinances Affecting Walking and Biking The BWBC Ordinance Committee will provide an overview of the changes proposed for the city’s walk bike ordinances for discussion and possible action.  This is a culmination of discussion from multiple BWBC meetings this year.  See proposed changes here:
4. Next Steps
06-07-23 BWBC Agenda.pdf

Faith Ingulsrud

Jun 2, 2023, 8:42:21 AM6/2/23
to burlingto...@googlegroups.com, liason...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
I inserted the wrong link for the interactive bike parking map in my previous message.  Please check out the map here:  https://burlingtonvt.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=46f7f7e2660246b383c5a6c6e7fb3ef4.  (The link is correct on the PDF agenda that was attached.)

If you are interested in bike parking, please contribute to the map whether you are interested in attending the BWBC meeting or not.

Also on the bicycle and pedestrian ordinance proposals, for those who haven’t tuned into previous discussions, I just want to let you know that the majority of deletions proposed are because we have state laws that are similar and more up-to-date and walk/bike friendly than Burlington’s existing ordinance language.  The deletions seek to remove redundancy and any confusion that might arise from inconsistency between city and state laws.

Thanks!
Faith Ingulsrud

<06-07-23 BWBC Agenda.pdf>