DATE CHANGE: BWBC meeting July 10

Erik Brown Brotz

Jun 28, 2024, 8:33:35 AMJun 28
to burlingto...@googlegroups.com

Please join us on Wed., July 10 from 5:30-7 pm as the Burlington Walk-Bike Council discusses the proposed upgrades to Bank and Cherry St as well as the new connecting sections of St. Paul St. and Pine St., plus we revisit the ordinance changes we proposed last year.  Note that we are meeting on the second Wednesday this month because of the July 4 holiday (the DPW building closes early on July 3).

AGENDA - Burlington Walk / Bike Council

July 10th, 2024, Wednesday 5:30 – 7:00 pm

NOTE DATE CHANGE TO SECOND WEDNESDAY THIS MONTH

MEETING OPTIONS:

1. In-person - DPW conference room at 645 Pine Street, Burlington

2. Virtually - using Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88225473951?pwd=YzFFQ1Q3Y3J4bzcwR2VNYWRFWnhtUT09   Passcode: 091788

AGENDA:

1. Introductions, Announcements, Updates and Public Comments (15 min)

2. Reducing Downtown Speed Limits (5 min)

Check-in with DPW on the current state of the proposal to reduce the downtown speed limit.

3. Bank Street & Cherry Street Public Improvements (50 min)

The Department of Public Works will present the current status of the plan to upgrade Bank St. and Cherry St. and add North/South connections between them.  We’ll discuss the current concept plan for the streetscape and provide feedback on it from a pedestrian and cyclist perspective.

4. Bicycle & Pedestrian Ordinance Changes (15 min)

We’ll revisit the proposed ordinance changes regarding cyclists and pedestrians that the Walk/Bike Council put forward last year and a new proposed change regarding cyclists and crosswalks.

Previous Meeting – At the June 5th, 2024 meeting, we discussed reducing the speed limits in the designated downtown district and DPW’s ideas for simplifying the process for community-led demonstration projects.

Next Month:  BWBC Meets Wednesday, August 7th, 2024, 5:30 – 7:00 pm

The BWBC is an all-volunteer advisory council to the City of Burlington. We work closely with and advise the Department of Public Works and the Department of Parks, Recreation, & Waterfront on infrastructure improvements and policy changes for walking and bicycling. The council also leads advocacy efforts and organizes events and activities that promote and celebrate walking and biking in Burlington and beyond.  See BWBC Webpage and Meeting Minutes and Agendas

BWBC Coordinating Committee

Erik Brown Brotz,(er...@burlingtontelecom.net), Chair, Jason Stuffle, Jak Tiano, Gordon Dragoon, with Jonathon Weber (Local Motion)

Erik Brown Brotz

Jul 9, 2024, 7:22:04 AM (8 days ago) Jul 9
to burlingto...@googlegroups.com

BWBC meeting tomorrow - Wed, July 10

This is an open, welcoming forum for participants to discuss biking and walking in Burlington, Vermont. Posts are not moderated or reviewed. Please keep posts brief, do not repeat previous authors' points, and keep all comments civil. Participants who do not adhere to these requests will be contacted by the list moderator(s) and, ultimately, if the failure to adhere continues, messages will be moderated.

The BWBC meets on the 1st Wednesday of the month, usually in the Department of Public Works Conference Room at 645 Pine Street, Burlington. All are invited and encouraged to attend. For agendas and minutes, visit https://www.burlingtonvt.gov/bwbc/agendas.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Burlington Walk/Bike Council" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/burlingtonwalkbike/f3377545-6dcb-447c-b1f2-0556693169e8%40burlingtontelecom.net.