Help "Rambling Repair" - biking from Burlington to Bar Harbor

Erik Brotz

Feb 28, 2024, 6:09:17 AMFeb 28
to burlingto...@googlegroups.com

My daughter Elena is currently finishing up plans for her Senior Project at College of the Atlantic this spring and is looking for some small donations to help her project, "Rambling Repair: Mending my way from Burlington to Bar Harbor on a Bicycle" hit the road.

In addition to monetary donations, she is also looking for a good trailer (preferably single-wheeled and low profile) to haul her gear, plus dry bags, including one large enough to contain her sewing machine.  If you have any of these things you would be willing to loan, sell, or donate, please let me know!

Here is a short description of her project:

"Over the course of four weeks this spring I will be biking from Burlington, Vermont to Bar Harbor, Maine and stopping at 11 Libraries along the way to share free community workshops on Mending and Textile Repair. In each town I will get to sit down and share some skills with community members. We will stitch, darn, patch, keep our favorite woolens and denims wearable, and gain new stories and visions of what mending is all about.

Any small amount helps to make this project possible and is greatly appreciated! I will be sharing my adventure through Instagram where you can see photos, videos, and stories of all that happens along the way. And if this isn't a platform you use, I would be happy to share emails with you of updates from the road so you can see how your money is being put to use."

Find more information here: https://gofund.me/cd93f455

Her Instagram will have more information later but can be followed @ramblingrepair

Elena says thank you so much for your interest and support!