BWBC meeting May 1

Erik Brotz

Apr 26, 2024, 7:05:32 AMApr 26
to burlingto...@googlegroups.com

Please join the Burlington Walk-Bike Council on Wed., May 1 from 5:30 to 7 pm for a discussion with the Department of Public Works on what can be done to more rapidly improve conditions for active transportation in Burlington.  We'll also solicit ideas on topics for future meetings.

AGENDA - Burlington Walk / Bike Council

May 1, 2024, Wednesday 5:30 – 7:00 pm

MEETING OPTIONS:

1. In-person - DPW conference room at 645 Pine Street, Burlington

2. Virtually - using Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88225473951?pwd=YzFFQ1Q3Y3J4bzcwR2VNYWRFWnhtUT09   Passcode: 091788

AGENDA:

1. Introductions, Announcements, Updates and Public Comments (15 min)

2. Discussion with DPW (60 min)

We’ll have a discussion with DPW about ways to more rapidly improve conditions for active transportation in Burlington.  Some particular questions for the discussion:

  • With the change in administrations, what is DPW thinking about changing in terms of how it approaches development of active transportation infrastructure?

  • What would DPW like to change in order to be more effective and faster in development of active transportation infrastructure? What does DPW need in order to make those changes, and how can BWBC assist you?

  • How does DPW respond to crashes?

  • Eclipse and Main Street closure retrospective: What can/is DPW learning from these street closures? How can those learnings be applied to how the City operates?

3. Future Topics for BWBC (15 min)

We’ll solicit potential topics for future meetings - what do you think we should be focusing on?

Previous Meeting – At the April 3, 2024 meeting, we discussed making it easier to close streets to traffic temporarily by designating neighbor streets, and also discussed the relative merits of different options proposed for adding protected bike lanes to Battery Street.

Next Month:  BWBC Meets Wednesday, June 5, 2024, 5:30 – 7:00 pm

Bob Leidy

Apr 28, 2024, 7:19:37 PMApr 28
to Erik Brotz, burlingto...@googlegroups.com
Erik,

There is a conflicting meeting about the Railroad Enterprise connection between Pine and Battery Street at City Hall at 6 PM on May 1.

Can we move our meeting date?

Thanks,

Bob

This is an open, welcoming forum for participants to discuss biking and walking in Burlington, Vermont. Posts are not moderated or reviewed. Please keep posts brief, do not repeat previous authors' points, and keep all comments civil. Participants who do not adhere to these requests will be contacted by the list moderator(s) and, ultimately, if the failure to adhere continues, messages will be moderated.

The BWBC meets on the 1st Wednesday of the month, usually in the Department of Public Works Conference Room at 645 Pine Street, Burlington. All are invited and encouraged to attend. For agendas and minutes, visit https://www.burlingtonvt.gov/bwbc/agendas.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Burlington Walk/Bike Council" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/burlingtonwalkbike/f8ec74d6-4203-43d1-bdfb-8de2d384e173%40burlingtontelecom.net.

erik

Apr 29, 2024, 3:00:53 PMApr 29
to leid...@gmail.com, burlingto...@googlegroups.com

Hi Bob,

Thanks for pointing this out.  It's unfortunate that the REP meeting was scheduled at the same time as ours.  However, it looks like it is primarily intended to be an informational meeting, rather than a feedback session, and it will be recorded so can be viewed later if desired.  Given the short notice, we've decided to go ahead with our regularly scheduled BWBC meeting.

Erik