Re: Digest for burlingtoniansfordogs@googlegroups.com - 4 Messages in 2 Topics

Lea Terhune

Apr 7, 2011, 9:26:09 AM4/7/11
to burlington...@googlegroups.com
Please add to list of benefits:

~My husband and I were planning to move to the country because we have dogs and like them to be able to run. We decided to check out the Burlington dog parks, and then looked for homes nearby... paid asking price for a home near Starr Farm dog park because the location was good for our dogs. The bike path was attractive, near the bus line was a plus, but the dog park was THE REASON we chose a home here. So people who want to increase the resale value of their property, encourage the city to locate a dog play and exercise within walking distance, and the closer the better!

~A developer who is building apartments is including a pet grooming/washing area in the building, and he is offering his units as "pet friendly." He wants to be at full occupancy as quickly as possible. He is delighted to learn that as word spreads, people are coming to him already asking when the apartments will be available -- and he hasn't even broken ground or put up a sign yet. Word spreads fast among dog lovers.

Lea
Apr 10, 2011, 9:48:55 PM4/10/11
to burlington...@googlegroups.com

Hi and good evening to all,

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, our first one that truly feels like spring.

This is just a reminder that we are meeting tomorrow at the police station at 8am for our monthly meeting.  Our fearless facilitator, Erin, is unable to make the meeting and has asked me to take on the task which I am happy to do and hope all of you are amenable to.  If not, we can certainly discuss this tomorrow.

In the meantime, I realized that we don’t have a formal agenda yet.  I would suggest that we do that first thing tomorrow so if you have suggestions, please bring them along so we can be efficient with our time.  The goal is to meet from 8 to 9am.

At the last meeting, we discussed the shortage of parking in front of the park.  I spoke with Mike Schirling about this last week and there is a significant parking shortage for the employees; some use the lot across the street and yet there is a need for additional parking which is why the public spots are taken.  This will become even more of a problem once Beansie’s bus is back.  Sorry I could not have more encouraging news to offer with respect to parking.  Again, please remember to enter the building on the park side as we are not allowed to walk through the building if you enter on the north side.

See you tomorrow at 8am.  I hope you have a good evening.

Karen

Carolyn Bates

Apr 10, 2011, 10:43:54 PM4/10/11
to burlington...@googlegroups.com
I had understood that the mtg was at the Miller Center and told both Chris Hadsel and Phil LaVigne that was where it was.
Please confirm with all of us about this.

And why should any employees get to use public parking spots all day, and use all of the spots?   They can park down on lakeside like so many other employees of this town do and take the bus up to work.
We the public need access to the police station during the day.
Karen, please lobby harder on this issue.
No one can use Battery Park, either.  Totally NOT fair.  There is NO spot for use to park except two blocks down the way on North St. which i consider to be rather dangerous at that time of the morning.

Thank you
cb
Po Box 1205, Burlington, Vt 05402

Carolyn Bates

Apr 10, 2011, 10:45:16 PM4/10/11
to burlington...@googlegroups.com
Carolyn Hanson asked us to come up with reasons a private person would want to donate land/run a dog park on their land.
I sent in several reasons.  And it was suggested that this be one of our topics for tomorrow.  So please everyone, bring in why someone would want to donate land/dog park too???

Thank you
cb

Karen Paul

Apr 10, 2011, 10:44:55 PM4/10/11
to burlington...@googlegroups.com, burlington...@googlegroups.com
My mistake, Carolyn.  It is at the miller center.  My apologies.

Karen

Sent from my iPhone