Re: TRASH BASH in the Urban Reserve, May 7, 10am-2pm

Phil LaVigne

Apr 30, 2011, 5:17:42 AM4/30/11
to Lea Terhune, Jenny Davis, Christian Chorba, Sequoia, Annika Freudenberger, Amy Mellencamp, Candace Page, Shay Totten, Ellen Cooper, Mari Steinbach, WCAX, WPTZ, FOX 44, Dave Hartnett, Vince Dober, Paul Decelles, Kurt Wright, Ward 4/7 NPA google group, Livable City 4 Dogs, Carolyn Bates
Let's Clean it up........! !!!!!!!!!!   pics attached.

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 07:40 -0400, "Lea Terhune" <leater...@gmail.com> wrote:
Friends,

Could everyone please find a place to post/announce this Green Up Day event? The Buzz, BHS media, Burlington (North Ave) News, Burlington Free Press, Seven Days, WCAX, WPTZ, Front Porch Forum, BHS Boosters, Parks Dept announcements -- everywhere you can think of, please! The Urban Reserve is a disgraceful mess. It's a big job, but we're well organized, and many hands will make for light work (and a great party!). Adults welcome, too. And dog park users, we need you, too.

"Trash Bash" Saturday May 7, waterfront.
Meet up 10am at the dog park, between Moran and North Beach. We will tackle trash that litters the Urban Reserve, 40 acres of shoreline natural area held in trust for future generations. Parks Dept will be on hand with trucks, and maps of the area will show everyone the boundaries and features of the Reserve. Community service hours will be awarded by City Councilors at a BBQ following the work party. BBQ compliments of the North End NPA, Wild Bill's BBQ, and Mobil Short Stop.

Contact: Lea Terhune, 658-1908

Thanks everyone, and of course you are all invited!

--
SHOW UP! Pay attention. Speak your truth. Trust the wisdom of the group.
P1000944.jpg