FW: dog park on the Parks and Rec Commission meeting

Karen Paul

Apr 11, 2011, 10:16:24 PM4/11/11
to burlington...@googlegroups.com

The Parks and Recreation Commission Meeting…

on the web at karenpaulvt.com

Facebook: karen paul

Twitter: http://twitter.com/karen_paul

Carolyn Bates

Apr 12, 2011, 1:18:38 AM4/12/11
to burlington...@googlegroups.com

1. I plan on going to this meeting and staying through their discussion.  I will speak at public forum at 5pm, based on what we talk about on this email forum, and the possibility of using the South Crest area for a ward 5 dog park.  I will try to walk it and take photographs before the meeting.
Please advise if you can join me.  802-238-4213   cba...@carolynbates.com

2. The reason, after talking with Carolyn Hanson today, that the pilot ordinance did not pass parks commission at their last meeting was this:
The commissioners did not want some of the parks listed to remain on the list either as a pilot, or as a permanent list.  Oakledge,  Schumanska,
and the Intervale are the ones they are questioning.  The waterfront park, and the park at the far north end are considered permanent parks, according to Carolyn.  The commissioners want to revisit this list, before saying OK.  This "revisit" will happen at this meeting April 26.

3. Discussion on this forum
    a.  South Crest area as a ward 5 dog park.  Pros, cons, other.  I will research out this park.
    b.  Oakledge: do we want this to remain on the pilot program?  Who will go see this park for the discussion?
    c. Schumanska:  do we want this to remain on the pilot program?  Who will go see this park for the discussion?
    d. Intervale: location???  do we want this to remain on the pilot program?  Who will go see this park for the discussion?

4. Summary:  each park should have someone summarize their findings and send them to me to take to the Parks meeting, or talk at the meeting.

Thank you.

Carolyn
20 Caroline St

The Parks and Recreation Commission Meeting…

Phil LaVigne

Apr 12, 2011, 4:57:04 AM4/12/11
to Dogs
is the time for the meeting confirmed also...............5pm?

Phil LaVigne

Apr 12, 2011, 5:04:18 AM4/12/11
to Dogs
generally speaking I think the areas in the pilot program should be left on and if removed negotiated for different areas.............I think it is important not to drop an area and not replace it with another...........