Next Week Tues 5pm Miller Center Parks and Rec Mtg. Need everyones feedback asap.

Carolyn Bates

Apr 21, 2011, 1:09:33 PM4/21/11
to burlingtonians Dogs
Time:
5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Location:
Miller Community Center 130 Gosse Court
Contact/website:
Contact: Joanne Putzier
Phone Number: (802) 864-0124
Email Address: jput...@ci.burlington.vt.us
For a copy of this agenda please click on the link:http://www.enjoyburlington.com/AboutUs/ParksRecreationCommission/Agenda.cfm

I have photographs of the potential dog park south of Home and Batchelder.   I will be asking that this be put onto the list of potential parks. Please go visit this area. 40 ft wide, just east of the concrete roadway.

As they are going to discuss the five parks that are on the former pilot program and try to pull all but the two active parks off the list, it would be terrific if you all would come and give your opinions about this, as well as bring in other options to be put on the list.

oakledge
schmanski   does anyone know areas to use here?
intervale  does anyone know areas to use here?
waterfront
dog park in north end that is over crowded.  I forget its name.

If we can put in a rain garden, or something to remove the wet from the unused field in oakledge, then it could be a much needed dog park, and it would free the park from wandering dogs off leash in other areas of the park.  Megan Moir and DPW are putting in a rain garden into Calahan/south park this summer to help divert stormwater runoff from Locust st.

So I do not want anything pulled off.  But I just get three minutes to talk.  I have put in a call to get 10 minutes for us to all talk at a scheduled time for this meeting. Stay tuned!

Please at least send in your comments, everyone.
I can at least print them out and read them and give them to parks.

OK

cb

Carolyn L. Bates Photography
Address:    PO Box 1205, Burlington, VT 05402
Phone:    (802) 238-4213

Find out more by visiting My Blog or my Facebook Fan Page