parks and rec meeting tomorrow night 5pm miller center just need 30 minutes of your time max.

Carolyn Bates

Apr 25, 2011, 9:58:16 PM4/25/11
to burlingtonians Dogs, Edward Pais
It would be great if some of you could join Phil LaVigne and myself tomorrow night 5pm at Miller Rec Center.
I will stay for entire meeting, but would like to have all of you who can come for 30 minutes and talk for 3 around 5pm about how you want to have more dog parks in the city.

OK

Or at least write me a letter to take in.

Are any of you reading this?

I never hear back.

Thank you

Carolyn

Carolyn L. Bates Photography
Address:    PO Box 1205, Burlington, VT 05402
Phone:    (802) 238-4213

Find out more by visiting My Blog or my Facebook Fan Page

Phil LaVigne

Apr 26, 2011, 4:24:02 AM4/26/11
to Dogs
Sure I will talk for a space Carolyn.......Phil

Jessica Mendes Eisenhauer

Apr 26, 2011, 9:32:40 AM4/26/11
to burlington...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carolyn,

I've attached my letter as a MS Word document. It would be great if
you would please read this at the meeting, and a big thank you in
advance.

As far as the silence on the list, I feel more people will participate
(myself included) as long as we can keep the mood congenial and write
without personal attacks. I am directing this comment at the entire
list, and not anyone specifically. I feel that the infighting I have
observed does not serve our cause well.

Regards,
Jess
--
Jessica Eisenhauer
65 Caroline St.

Eisenhauer Parks Rec 26 Apr 2011.docx

Meryl Goldfarb

Apr 26, 2011, 10:02:07 AM4/26/11
to burlington...@googlegroups.com
Carolyn

My name is Meryl Goldfarb. I live in the Lakeside community.  I moved here two years ago from Underhill.  I am a dog owner. The South End really needs a Dog park. There are so many dogs and owners that would benefit from having such an area. We are all aware that dogs need to run exercise and socialize. Giving them a safe place  that would not threaten other people would be a huge benefit.

I have not been able to attend the meetings due to work schedule but I wholly support all efforts that are being made by you and others.

I realize this is not an easy thing to pull off. I wonder how did the Starr Farm dog park come to be.  It seems to me that there is plenty of land to accommodate a dog park. Particularly at Oakledge. I live "around the corner" from oakledge and see the usage.  There are good size areas that are not used that could be fenced in for said purpose.

I gladly lend my support to this endeavor. It would be nothing but a win win for the community.

Thank you
Meryl Goldfarb

373-5932

Please excuse typos
Sent from my iPhone

Joan Shannon

Apr 26, 2011, 2:02:59 PM4/26/11
to burlington...@googlegroups.com

I will also be at the Parks and Rec meeting tonight.  Just a reminder as to where things stand in terms of the proposed Ordinance, here is the summary of the issue from City Atty Richard Haessler as captured in our Ordinance Committee meeting minutes:

The referral is on hold – having not yet been acted on by the Parks Commision – significant questions have arisen re where this matter is procedurally – the proposed changes were de minimus and were proposed by Councilor Paul, but they also referenced removing the Pilot language from the Ordinance – this was thought to be a housekeeping matter – and procedurally the regs needed to go through the Parks Commission – but the Parks Commission regards the Pilot and the enabling language of the Pilot as being an issue in dispute before the Commission (at least with regard to certain areas within the City).

Upon further study, it has been determined that the City Council referred proposed changes and continuing authorizations re the Pilot to the Parks Commission in the summer of 2003 – the Parks Commission never reported back – it is the position of the City Attorney’s Office that the referred matter from 2003 is still open and that the Pilot is still in effect and that the Parks Commission must report back with its recommendations before the Ordinance Committee can take up any of this.