FW: questions on dog parks

Karen Paul

Apr 11, 2011, 10:15:19 PM4/11/11
to burlington...@googlegroups.com

From John Vickery, the City Assessor…

From: John Vickery [mailto:jvic...@ci.burlington.vt.us]
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 2:44 PM
To: Paul, Karen; Eugene Bergman
Subject: RE: questions on dog parks

Hi Karen,

If someone wanted to use their property as a dog park they would have to have Zoning permit approval which would allow that type of use.  A really good lease agreement may limit the liability of the owner and put the liability on to the lessee (City).  I am not aware of any legal tax exemption for a private owner.  The owner may charge a fee which would cover the taxes. That would need to be outlined in the lease.

John

on the web at karenpaulvt.com

Facebook: karen paul

Twitter: http://twitter.com/karen_paul

Karen Paul

Apr 11, 2011, 10:16:50 PM4/11/11
to burlington...@googlegroups.com
Last one. From Assistant City Attorney Gene Bergman...

From: John Vickery

Carolyn Bates

Apr 12, 2011, 12:41:32 AM4/12/11
to burlington...@googlegroups.com
Karen
Thank you for doing this so promptly.
cb
Carolyn L. Bates Photography
Address:    PO Box 1205, Burlington, VT 05402
Phone:    (802) 238-4213

Find out more by visiting My Blog or my Facebook Fan Page

Carolyn Bates

Apr 12, 2011, 1:24:58 AM4/12/11
to burlington...@googlegroups.com
Based on what Karen has found, I would say, lets all work very hard to get the wooded area in South Crest to be our ward 5 dog park.

Thank you Joan for finding this location with Steve Goodkind, and thank you Karen, for the follow up on liability on private land dog parks, and follow up from Steve Goodkind.

Everyone agree?   Please send your comments.

Carolyn Bates

Carolyn L. Bates Photography
Address:    PO Box 1205, Burlington, VT 05402
Phone:    (802) 238-4213

Phil LaVigne

Apr 12, 2011, 5:00:52 AM4/12/11
to Dogs