Efficiently moving backup sets between repos

James Lott

Apr 5, 2024, 2:04:08 PMApr 5
to bup-...@googlegroups.com
Hello list,

In some recent experimentation I've been doing with bup, I noticed that moving backup sets between repos using git-fetch results in a much larger data footprint on the receiving repo (I assume because the compression is undone by the process). My question is, does anyone know of a way to move individual sets between repositories without increasing the footprint, or perhaps a way to re-compress the objects after they have been moved between repos?

Stefan Monnier

Apr 5, 2024, 2:17:57 PMApr 5
to 'James Lott' via bup-list, James Lott
I get the impression that the answer is `bup get`.

Stefan

James Lott

Apr 5, 2024, 2:50:11 PMApr 5
to Stefan Monnier, 'James Lott' via bup-list
Ah I did not notice that command... Thank you!