File Name, Function Name, line No - Production code

Kaarthik Velusamy

Feb 27, 2019, 6:53:17 PM2/27/19
to bunyan-logging

I am currently working on NodeJS application project.

This application basically performs

 1) Interaction with Database (1000 request/response processing per min)

 2) Server side processing logic using information obtained from database

 3) Client request handling  (100 request for every 5 mins)

For any project, logging information is key to identify any failures/processing state.

I tired winston nodejs log framework, but it happened that it does not support following information

1) File Name

2) Function Name

3) Line No

4) Process ID

5) Host name etc

Hence I decided to go for bunyan logging framework. I understand Bunyan framework supports these things.

Please share your thoughts whether this can be used for production code.

If not possible, I fear how other nodejs projects used in larger company gets these information.

I could not get any production ready log framework in nodejs which supports these functionalities.

Please help me

Thanks

Kaarthik.V.M