Wobble protection

JOSEPH NOVAK

Dec 24, 2023, 8:47:57 PM12/24/23
to Bullseye-L

---------- Original Message ----------
From: JOSEPH NOVAK <jnov...@comcast.net>
To: Bullseye-L <bullsey...@googlegroups.com>
Date: 12/24/2023 8:31 PM EST
Subject: Wobble protection

Hi Guys,

     I think I may have discovered something of great value for Bullseye (Precision Pistol) shooters. But I need your help in proving it to be true.

     Many years ago, before red dots, iron sight shooters at the NRA Nationals used weights at the front of their pistols. Those were the top shooters there. On their .45's and .22's mainly. Many of them used a .38 revolver with no weight for the Center Fire match as a lighter trigger pull was allowed than the .45 caliber. As a matter of fact, in the 900 round of the .22 match, the highest score still stands having been shot with iron sights.

     My question is this:  As we age, we know our wobble increases. Therefore, can adding a weight to the lower front of a .22 cal. pistol help reduce the scattering of shots we get as we age? I, myself, will test this out next Saturday at our regular 900 outdoor match. I am hoping others will also test this theory. Thanks, guys, and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!  --  Joe  --

njfir...@comcast.net

Dec 24, 2023, 8:51:15 PM12/24/23
to JOSEPH NOVAK, Bullseye-L

--
Abridged and Digest Subscribers -- please do not reply with the abridged/digest subject. Instead use "View this message at ..." to reply to an individual topic via the web forum or change the subject of your e-mail to match the topic/subject before replying.
---

Larry Lang

Dec 25, 2023, 12:55:44 PM12/25/23
to njfir...@comcast.net, JOSEPH NOVAK, Bullseye-L
How wonderful to receive this mail in the dead of winter!

I  retired from Bulleye a few years ago.
Sold all my stuff and until today never looked back. Merry  Chistmas and 10s n Xs.
Larry Lang
Sent from my iPad

Arthur Lange

Dec 26, 2023, 5:34:11 PM12/26/23
to Bullseye L list
I have a Pardini 32 and Pardini 22 with simuilar ergonomic grips. The 32 is heavier than the 22. I had noticeably less wobble with the 32. I added weights to the 22 to match the weight of the 32. Now a similar wobble in each which is less than the unweighted 22.