2021年5月31日 上午9:19:012021/5/31
收件者:bullsey...@googlegroups.com
Does your hammer spring feel weak ?

On Monday, May 31, 2021, 09:01:42 AM EDT, bullsey...@googlegroups.com <bullsey...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

John Hash <jlh...@aol.com>: May 30 12:02PM -0700

For many years, my Kart Conversion worked perfectly, but about ten years
ago, it developed problems. Feeding was the foremost problem, followed
closely by light firing pin strikes. I finally changed to Kimber magazines
which cured the feeding problems, it seemed. I tried Jagemann magazines
for the hold back feature, and they seemed fine, too. However the light
firing pin hits persisted. The barrel is a Marlin, like the other early
Karts. I thought it was a change in the ammunition. Fred designed his
conversions to shoot Remington standard velocity ammunition, but in the
ensuing years, most switched to CCI SV. I became suspicious that the
problem was caused by insufficient closure, too. I noticed a small peened
area on the firing pin cover, so I filed off some metal there, creating a
slant on the rear surface of the cover, hoping this would provide a more
direct hammer strike on the firing pin. We also rechambered the barrel
with a standard .22LR Clymer reamer. We ground a small chamfer on the
continued. The Kart firing pin is a Colt Ace pin, or close copy, I
understand, and the critical measurement is from the shoulder to the tip.
My FP protrudes a bit farther than the chamber depth in the slide.
nlike the High Standard and S&W 41 which have a near contact type of firing
pin, it is the inertial type like the 1911. Now that Johnny Dworak is
gone, God rest his soul, I have no source of firing pins. I want to try a
firing pin set up like the HS and Smith. Does anyone know if an AR-15
firing pin is longer than the Kart firing pin? It looks very similar. By
the way, my usual practice was to shoot the slow fire dry, but add oil
after brushing for the timed and rapid fire courses. Rubbing the
ammunition for the 900 with oil seems like a good idea, too. Until I get
the Kart working reliably, I am shooting an HS 107 with an LSP aluminum
sleeved barrel and a 30mm UD. Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

John Hash
jlh...@aol.com

John Englehart

未讀,
2021年5月31日 上午9:23:072021/5/31
收件者:bullsey...@googlegroups.com
Firing pin should not be able to hit chamber face.

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息