CraftBukkit 1.4.6-R0.2 is now available!

EvilSeph

Dec 29, 2012, 11:53:09 PM12/29/12
to bukkit_...@googlegroups.com

A new CraftBukkit Beta Build (1.4.6-R0.2) that provides Minecraft 1.4.6 compatibility and addresses issues found in the previous beta is now available in time for the holidays! Although Minecraft 1.4.7 is scheduled to release sometime after New Year's day, we've already fixed the issues it addresses in this beta.

Will plugins break with this build?

Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine, with the exception of plugins that use Minecraft or CraftBukkit code.

Important Note: this Beta Build contains a new safeguard to protect servers against unchecked and thus potentially damaging plugins. See the announcement here for more information:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/safeguarding-against-unchecked-and-potentially-damaging-plugins.116749/

What is a Beta build?

A Beta Build is in between a developer build and a Recommended Build. These builds simply work and are promoted much more frequently than a Recommended Build. While we will do some testing before promoting a beta build, we will not be running it through our extensive test process. As such, there are no guarantees that they will not contain minor bugs. If we do find out they are broken, we will mark it as such on DLB and promote a new one. A beta build may contain incomplete API and new features but they should not interfere with running the build in any way.

This particular Beta build, like the first Beta build for a Minecraft update, is primarily made available to help facilitate more testing coverage to bring us closer to a Recommended Build sooner. Please consider running this Beta build to give us a hand with discovering issues we need to address in order to reach a Recommended Build.

Known Issues:

  • Monsters, villagers, etc. using portals (added in Minecraft 1.4) has been temporarily disabled.

For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here.

Download CraftBukkit 1.4.6-R0.2 here