CraftBukkit 1.7.2-R0.2 is now available!

EvilSeph

Dec 21, 2013, 3:07:27 AM12/21/13
to bukkit_...@googlegroups.com

A new CraftBukkit Beta Build (1.7.2-R0.2) that provides Minecraft 1.7.2 compatibility is now available. Please note: the stability of this build is relatively unknown due to the impact Minecraft 1.7 had on the core code. This build contains a fix for potion/mob effects not being removed on player death, among other things.

Will plugins break with this build?

Minecraft 1.7 is one of the most involved and impactful updates to date, bringing about many changes to the core of Minecraft. As a result, there is a chance that plugins might break with this build. Even if that isn't the case, we have not completed work on API changes for 1.7 yet so future builds might still break plugins.

What is a Beta build?

A Beta Build is in between a developer build and a Recommended Build. These builds simply work and are promoted much more frequently than a Recommended Build. While we will do some testing before promoting a beta build, we will not be running it through our extensive test process. As such, there are no guarantees that they will not contain minor bugs. If we do find out they are broken, we will mark it as such on DLB and promote a new one. A beta build may contain incomplete API and new features but they should not interfere with running the build in any way.

This particular Beta build, like every first few Beta builds for a Minecraft update, is primarily made available to help facilitate more testing coverage to bring us closer to a Recommended Build sooner. Please consider running this Beta build to give us a hand with discovering issues we need to address in order to reach a Recommended Build.

For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here.

Download CraftBukkit 1.7.2-R0.2 here

This conversation is locked