Nylon+

Erik McClain

Aug 11, 2020, 4:46:44 PM8/11/20
to BuildTak
Hello, I have been trying to figure out what the Nylon+ sheets are for.  There really isnt much of a description of the product on the web page.

     "You asked for it, we listened!"

That description is Not a lot of help lol, What I would like to know is:

What are the ideal materials this sheet works with?
What problems if any does this sheet solve over the other sheets?

Essentially why do I want it /  why should I have it in my printing tool box

Thanks!

BuildTak

Aug 12, 2020, 8:57:20 AM8/12/20
to BuildTak

Hi Erik,

Thank you for your interest in BuildTak!

The BuildTak Nylon+ Surface is designed for printing with nylon filament in particular. Please check out the BuildTak Nylon+ User Guide for a starting point on how we recommend to use the Surface. 🙂 Because this is our newest Surface, we haven't performed extensive testing using the Surface with filaments NOT nylon, however we have had customers successfully print with PLA.

If you print with nylon, you absolutely will want this in our printing tool box. If you don't, we recommend checking our other two Surfaces.

Please check out this guide that explains when it's appropriate to use the BuildTak Original Surface and when it's best to use the BuildTak PEI Surface. ALL our Surfaces, including the BuildTak Nylon+, is compatible with the FlexPlate System.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to reach out!

Regards,
Dave