Possibility to use a specific branch of a buildpack when deploying

Sylvain Mauduit

Jan 5, 2013, 1:43:42 PM1/5/13
to buildpack-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tried to search this on the web, but couldn't figure a way to do it.

I'm currently developing a buildpack for a production app.
During the initial development of the buildpack, I have to test it on a stage Heroku app to see if everything is working fine.
I could use two different GitHub repos to do that, and set an upstream remote on my buildpack dev repo, but it will be really nice to allow the app to use a specific branch of a buildpack (let's say 'develop' or something).

What's your thoughts about that? Is it a wrong way to do it? Is there already a way to specify a branch in the Heroku app's configs?

Thanks.

Terence Lee

Jan 5, 2013, 2:26:04 PM1/5/13
to buildpack-...@googlegroups.com
You can specify treeish objects in BUILDPACK_URL by using '#'. For instance, you can set git://github.com/heroku/heroku-buildpack-ruby.git#staging to use the staging branch.

Swop

Jan 5, 2013, 3:11:04 PM1/5/13
to buildpack-...@googlegroups.com
Oh gosh!