[Wikipedia Mobile Editor] Queries

abm17

Mar 19, 2016, 3:12:10 AM3/19/16
to BuildmLearn

Hi !
I am Abhijeet, a sophomore in IIIT Hyderabad. I am interested in working on the project Wikipedia Mobile Editor. I have been through the Wikimedia APIs and the guidelines listed on the ideas page. Regarding the same I have the following queries:
  • What is the minimum sdk version which'll be supporting?
  • Are there any org-specific style guidelines which we have to comply with along with the material design guidelines stated on the Android Developers page (http://developer.android.com/design/index.html) for the code?
  • Are we allowed to make use of third party APIs which are open source?

Thanks!

Pankaj Nathani

Mar 19, 2016, 3:19:31 AM3/19/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi Abhijeet,
  • What is the minimum sdk version which'll be supporting?
Android 4.0
Not really. For Android apps, we follow material design guidelines.
  • Are we allowed to make use of third party APIs which are open source?
Good question. You may use third party APIs which are free and open source, however they should have a good standing i.e. good maintainer. For example, you are welcome to use free Google APIs if required.