[GSoC 2016] Request review for your (Draft) proposals

Pankaj Nathani

Mar 5, 2016, 9:50:24 AM3/5/16
to build...@googlegroups.com
Dear students,

15th March is when Google would start accepting proposals from students for Google Summer of Code '2016. By now, all of you who are interested to work on any of our project ideas should have started working on your proposals.

If you are wondering what should you include in your proposal, have a look at this page - we have put some info that we'd particularly like to see in it.

How to request a review for draft proposals?

Once you have a draft proposal ready, you can request a review. Please upload your draft proposal (word document) to Google drive and post the link in this thread. Make sure that your draft proposal is public so that all the mentors can access it. You may include UI mockups in your proposals if you wish or upload them separately and give a link in your proposal.

Draft proposals not posted on this thread may not be reviewed. So please make sure you post them here.

What to expect in the review?

Don't expect very long essay style reviews, we would have a look at your proposal to see if you have missed any important parts that we may like to see. We would also suggest any changes to your proposed timelines and deliverables. Mentors would provide the comments to you personally through email.

We would be spending some time to read the proposals, so it make take us some time to email you the feedback, please be patient during this time. If you do not get our feedback by 17th March, please contact me directly.

Where to submit the final proposal?

After including suggestions / comments from our review, you can modify your proposal as necessary. There is no need to ask for a re-review, we will not re-review, rather we would review new proposals which haven't got a chance yet.

Remember that the final proposal needs to be submitted to Google website before 26 March: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/
If you fail to submit the final proposal to Google, there is absolutely no way that you can get selected for this GSoC this year.. even if we'd want to select you!

Additional Information

As much as we'd like to provide a review for all the students who request it - we may not be able to do so. So we request all the students to post their draft proposals by 12th March at the latest. If you post them after 12th March - we may not be able to provide comments/ review - unless we find extra time and have finished all the pending reviews. It's OK to submit a proposal to Google without our review if you have confidence and understood what we need from you, however we recommend that you get your draft proposals reviewed if you are ready early.

As you may have already seen the activity in the group - we have lot of students interested in our projects. I personally get a lot of emails from students and am usually busy responding to them the best I can. So we expect a lot of proposals to be submitted for GSoC. From the proposals submitted to Google, we would be selecting the ones we like the best. How many projects and students we can select - depends on how many slots we receive from Google.

All the best to everyone!

PS: Any other posts to this thread, except links to draft proposals would have to be deleted. Discussions pertaining to projects should not happen in this thread.
Message has been deleted

arush goyal

Mar 7, 2016, 12:35:09 PM3/7/16
to BuildmLearn
Hey All!

Here is my draft proposal for University Campus Portal (UCP).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8sGc4DJDCxYREw3clo3Tm1TRk0/view?usp=sharing

Thanks
Arush Goyal

Frederik Creemers

Mar 8, 2016, 4:28:53 AM3/8/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi,

I'm Frederik

I'd like take on the University Campus Portal (UCP) project, but I'm not completely sure on the requirements. Are these to be specified more clearly during the community bonding process, or can we start this process now?
Here's the proposal I have so far:

Best regards,
Frederik Creemers

Anupam Das

Mar 9, 2016, 12:55:12 AM3/9/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi mentors,

    I have come with my proposal for Adding new templates to BuildmLearn Tolkit Android App. Please consider this for review.
    If possible, can you please keep this private.

Thank You,
Anupam Das
Indian Institute of Technology, Patna

Gourav Suri

Mar 9, 2016, 12:55:12 AM3/9/16
to BuildmLearn
Please take a moment in reviewing the application. I Will be more than
happy to incorporate required changes in my application.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1Zc1LkGIpxyTzNXbTZSY0lzM0k
Regards
Gourav Suri

Deepak Pathania

Mar 9, 2016, 12:55:12 AM3/9/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello
Please review my draft proposal for "University Campus Portal"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ObSL862apsdm5WdkdPam52Rmc/view

I look forward to hearing from the mentors and incorporating suggested changes, if any.

Regards
Deepak Pathania

PIYUSH GUPTA

Mar 9, 2016, 6:46:25 AM3/9/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi sir
This is my proposal
Please review
Happy to hear your advice
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5oBHXQjPljoeUtZUVFiSzNGVE0/view?usp=docslist_api

Thank you in advance
Regards
Piyush
Ps sir I am having my test going on
So I will create a better version of this
In the coming time
.

Ajepe Tobi

Mar 9, 2016, 6:46:30 AM3/9/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello Mentors,
Please take your time to review my proposal

Thanks for your time sir/ma.

Akshay Agarwal

Mar 9, 2016, 11:42:41 AM3/9/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello,

I have my own idea of an educational mobile application as I have conveyed earlier.

It's a game that aims on improving the mathematical skills and vocabulary and also teach some mental math tricks in a fun and interactive way.

This is my draft proposal and I would like to get inputs and feedback on this.

I have also included screenshots of the UI and gameplay.

Thank You,
Akshay Agarwal

Aakash Tyagi

Mar 10, 2016, 12:42:19 AM3/10/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi guys,

For 'University Campus Portal'.

This is the link to my draft proposal. I'd love to get some feedback and please tell me if I am doing something wrong. Please help me with the timeline as well.
I have also included the wireframes and database schema.

Thanks
Aakash

Hassen ben tanfous

Mar 10, 2016, 1:05:24 AM3/10/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi,
this is my draft proposal for UCP project

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BymeRii3o2wBRDhUTHRKRWRHWTg/view

I hope you like it, awaiting your review.

kanav vats

Mar 10, 2016, 6:56:58 AM3/10/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi ,
Following is the link for my draft proposal for University Campus Portal

I have included a sample UI along with sample schema. I will be very happy to hear your advice.
Thanks
Kanav

Neelansh garg

Mar 11, 2016, 12:20:19 AM3/11/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi,
Here is my draft proposal for university campus portal

Hope you like it, need advice about wireframes and timeline
waiting for review

Thank you

deepjyoti mondal

Mar 11, 2016, 12:20:19 AM3/11/16
to BuildmLearn

Hi !!

This is my draft application for GSoC'16.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwFTvOAWy1FqSTNnUU16eW02RnM/view?usp=sharing

It will be my pleasure to incorporate any changes that you suggest.

regards

Deepjyoti Mondal

nitish chauhan

Mar 11, 2016, 12:20:19 AM3/11/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi,

Here is my draft proposal for "Wikipedia Mobile Editor".

Looking forward for reviews & suggestions.
Thanks,

Regards,
Nitish Chauhan
pre-final year,ECE
LNMIIT,jaipur

kunal gupta

Mar 11, 2016, 6:12:17 AM3/11/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello Mentors,

                   Here is my draft proposal for a new idea. Please have a look and consider this for a review.
                   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1NUAyuKkdF7ZlY0S0cwQ0lJMVk/view?usp=sharing

Thank you

Regards
Kunal Gupta.

Prithviraj Jadhav

Mar 12, 2016, 1:38:15 AM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Dear Developers

I am Prithviraj Jadhav.
I have decided to submit a proposal for the University Portal idea.
Here is a link to the draft of my proposal.
I would be grateful  if you can review it and notify me about any improvements or changes.

Regards

PIYUSH BADKUL

Mar 12, 2016, 1:39:43 AM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn

Hi sir
I am sorry i forgot to attach the google doc link for this.
Please comment the suggestions on my proposal whenever you are free
the link is

Apologies..
Any advice is highly valuable
Thankyou
with best regards
Piyush Badkul

yashpal saini

Mar 12, 2016, 1:39:43 AM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi mentor

This is the link to my draft proposal for Building new templates
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8CIlFG4Pqkgfk9NVTh5cTRxNW94MGFPYUF1WXNCWlZSMGJQWFJ1eWEwR3N3MUN5aFNNaWs&usp=sharing

Please have a look
thanks

Veerendra Mandava

Mar 12, 2016, 1:40:03 AM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi all,

Here is my draft proposal for UCP.
I look forward to hearing from the mentors and incorporating suggested changes, if any.

Thank you,
veerendra mandava

Rishabh Bhardwaj

Mar 12, 2016, 1:40:39 AM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi,
I'm Rishabh Bhardwaj, and I've written a proposal for the mConference framework, with a slight change from the initial idea on the buildmlearn github ideas page.
The proposal contains material designed mockups, the proposed config file structure and thorough implementation detail. The proposal contains all functionalities mentioned in the ideas github page, and also incorporates a webapp to allow users to make these config files. I feel the webapp+android app makes the entire project a true framework.

I'd love to know your views, and in case I've missed anything I'm willing to make changes accordingly.

Kind regards,
Rishabh Bhardwaj

shikha kaushik

Mar 12, 2016, 2:01:37 AM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello mentors,
Here is my proposal for physics simulation .Please consider this review.

I m looking forward for any changes and requirements needed to add in this proposal from the guidance of mentors
thank you
with regards
Shikha Kaushik

Gagan Kumar

Mar 12, 2016, 2:01:37 AM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello,
    I have made draft proposal for `Adding new templates to BuildmLearn Toolkit Android app`. I would be happy if you review it once.

    Draft Proposal :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-TXcoYQaMFsdE9kWG1qNzI4Mzg/view?usp=sharing

Rajath Krishna

Mar 12, 2016, 10:43:41 PM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello developers,

First off, hearty congratulations on getting selected as a mentoring organization for GSOC 2016.

Here is the link to my draft proposal for the University Campus Portal project.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YF0V8_KroCUdTC03EiCwFX11LtFGrJs4PDXwuvJ7SIY/edit?usp=sharing

Please review it and give me your valuable suggestions.I'd be more than happy to incorporate them into my proposal.

Thanks,
Rajath Krishna S J

Akshay Vijayvergia

Mar 12, 2016, 10:43:41 PM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello mentors,
I am Akshay Vijayvergia. Below is the proposal for the mConference Application

Message has been deleted

Shikher Verma

Mar 12, 2016, 10:43:41 PM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi,
    I have made my draft proposal for `Adding new templates to BuildmLearn Toolkit Android app`. Please review it and provide feedback. Link to draft proposal.
Thanks.

Jai Agarwal

Mar 12, 2016, 10:43:41 PM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello mentors,

Sorry for the delay for posting the proposal. I have chosen mConference Framework and have come up with a proposal. If possible please review it and give your suggestions and possible scope of improvements.

GSoC 2016 Prosposal

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Agarwal
Undergraduate Student | Github LinkedIn Facebook

Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani

Abhijith Anilkumar

Mar 12, 2016, 10:43:41 PM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello Mentors,

Here is my draft proposal for 'University Campus Portal'. Please Consider this for review. Sorry, I forgot to mention the link to the doc in the last post.

Thank you for your time,
Regards,
Abhijith.

Pranav Tiwari

Mar 12, 2016, 10:43:41 PM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Hey guys,

I apologise for being late, but here is the first draft for my project proposal for University Campus Portal

I look forward to receiveing your reviews

Thank you

Chinmay Kulkarni

Mar 12, 2016, 10:43:41 PM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi,
Here is my draft for mConference Framework
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15TfVPkD5i0xx73d83lyGOcG7NpPMTWREYGDDbom8Sn8/edit?usp=sharing
I haven't included mockups yet, as I am still working on them. I will add them in my final proposal, I hope that would be fine with you.
Thank You

Akshay Jain

Mar 12, 2016, 10:43:41 PM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Hey all,

Here is my proposal for the project "Wikipedia Mobile Editor(iOS Application)"
It is a new project, developing an iOS application for creating and editing wikipedia pages.

Feedback and suggestions appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards
Akshay

Sudha M.R.

Mar 12, 2016, 10:43:42 PM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello there,
Here is my proposal for the Google Summer of Code 2016. I will be adding more wireframes in the actual proposal.
Link to Google docs: BuildmLearn proposal

Kindly let me know the changes that are to be incorporated and suggestions to make the proposal better.
Thank you,
Have a nice day! :)

Regards,
Sudha

Ashwin Chandlapur

Mar 12, 2016, 10:43:42 PM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello Mentors,

I am submitting my draft proposal for Android Indic Keyboard. Please take a moment in reviewing the application and suggest the required changes.

Raghav Khurana

Mar 12, 2016, 10:49:19 PM3/12/16
to BuildmLearn
Here is my proposal you UCP

Thanks
Regards,
Raghav

Sahil Lamba

Mar 13, 2016, 1:54:49 PM3/13/16
to BuildmLearn

Ayushi Goyal

Mar 13, 2016, 1:54:49 PM3/13/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi,
This is my draft proposal for UCP.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3-ud_WLl_hWQXd3WjhFSGNWS0k/view?usp=sharing

Kindly let me know your suggestions and changes that I should make, to make my application better.

Regards,
Ayushi

Chashmeet Singh

Mar 13, 2016, 1:54:49 PM3/13/16
to BuildmLearn
Hey hi,

Here is my draft proposal

I am looking forward to hear from the mentors and incorporate changes, if any.

Regards,
Chashmeet Singh

Mayank Sharma

Mar 13, 2016, 1:54:49 PM3/13/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello
My Proposal for "Adding new Templates to BuildmLearn Toolkit". Kindly review this. Proposal Link.
My apologies for the inconvenience.

Davinder Singh

Mar 13, 2016, 1:54:49 PM3/13/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello mentors,

Here is my draft proposal for review.

Thank You
Regards,
DSM_

Devendra Vyas

Mar 13, 2016, 1:54:49 PM3/13/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi

I apologise for posting late, exams kept me from being on time.
I would request the mentor to please review my proposal for UCP, if still possible. Here is the Link -> BuildMLearn-UCP-Project proposal

Thanks and Regards

Kapil Garg

Mar 13, 2016, 1:54:55 PM3/13/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello guys,

Here is my proposal for the University Campus Portal UCP Proposal. Your advice and suggestions will really be helpful. Kindly review my proposal and tell me if something is wrong. I have attached the links of the wireframes and the database schema as well in my proposal.
Looking forward for your feedback,
Thanks..

aditya jain

Mar 13, 2016, 1:55:19 PM3/13/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello mentors,

Apologies for the delay in posting the proposal. I am submitting the proposal for mConference Framework. I would like to have your thoughts on the same and work on any changes/improvements accordingly.
​​

Regards,
Aditya Jain
B Tech Pre-Final Year, Computer Science and Engineering,
The LNM Institute of Information Technology, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Mobile : +91-9001216444

Pankaj Nathani

Mar 18, 2016, 2:57:56 AM3/18/16
to BuildmLearn
Dear Students,

All of you who posted in this thread so far should have received comments and feedback from mentors. Please write to me if you haven't.

Please incorporate our feedback and submit your final proposals to Google (https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com) as soon as possible. There is no need to ask for a re-review as we may not be able to provide this to everyone.

If you haven't submitted your proposal for review here, please submit your final proposal to Google anyway. We should be able to have a look at your proposal when you have submitted it. We will contact you if we need any further information on your proposal.

Thanks,
Pankaj.

PS: If you fail to submit your proposal to Google before 26 March, we will not be able to select you.

NDE MICHAEL

Mar 18, 2016, 3:01:16 AM3/18/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello Every one.
Please check out my UCP Proposal. Please any constructive suggestions is HIGHLY WELCOMED :-)

It's a pleasure, look forward for your responds.

Cheers

rajat...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2016, 3:01:16 AM3/18/16
to BuildmLearn
hi all,
apologies for the delay
my draft proposal is in the link mentioned below :(mockups will be uploaded soon)

Monik Pamecha

Mar 18, 2016, 3:01:16 AM3/18/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello,

I'd like to request the mentors to review my draft proposal for the University Campus Portal idea. I'm still working on it and adding to it till the proposal deadlines. Hoping that it isn't too late to get a review.

Thank you for your time,
Monik Pamecha.

Himanshu Babal

Mar 18, 2016, 3:01:16 AM3/18/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello BuildmLearn Community
I have submitted my proposal through GSOC site for review.
I am also posting the link here as instructed.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DK-krYiGfJpNHUOq6OT1gyFLFiGfmDlCIgtvsmbRHCA/edit?usp=sharing

Please give constructive reviews to improve the structure of proposal.

Regards
Himanshu Babal
IIT Delhi, India

Karan Sharma

Mar 18, 2016, 3:01:16 AM3/18/16
to BuildmLearn

Hello mentors,

Apologies, i am very late. If it's possible please please review my proposal.

Also i wanted to see other proposals for planetarium app (for reference), i couldn't find any on this thread, am i the only one for this idea?(that would be so cool :p)

Thanks a ton!

Radu Miron

Mar 18, 2016, 3:01:17 AM3/18/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi, My name is Radu. This is may draft proposal for mConference Framework.
I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Naveen Shukla

Mar 18, 2016, 3:01:17 AM3/18/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello mentors,

     Sorry for being late, but here is my draft proposal https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9S48q4xWfrELTVTSmpocHRJT2s/view  I will submit submit it to google as soon as you provide me reviews/changes in my proposal
Thanks,
Naveen Shukla

Rishabh Mishra

Mar 21, 2016, 2:56:29 AM3/21/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi,
Link to my proposal for the planetarium project,I request you to please review it so i can improve my application. And comment is most welcomed.
Thanks.

Sourabh Kondapaka

Mar 21, 2016, 2:56:29 AM3/21/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello Buildmlearn ,

I am sorry for being late to submit my proposal as I was suffering from Typhoid.I recovered couple of days ago .
Mentors kindly review my proposal .

Awaiting a positive reply ,

Thanking you,

Best Regards,
Sourabh Kondapaka.

Olayinka Peter Oluwafemi

Mar 21, 2016, 2:56:29 AM3/21/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello mentors. I'm so sorry this is coming in late.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sonali Gupta

Mar 23, 2016, 9:11:27 AM3/23/16
to BuildmLearn
Apologies for this delay but I will be really greatful if my proposal for UCP can be reviewed at this crucial time and if changes can be suggested.
Thank you for your time.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wDbI3pQxfo9erIU8ajlso4VBimpj1PaOYAkSafZT0_w/edit?usp=sharing

Keerthan Shagrithaya

Mar 23, 2016, 9:16:23 AM3/23/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi mentors!

Here is my proposal to work on the project Building new templates to BuildmLearn Toolkit Android App. I am incredibly sorry for submitting this so late. I would be really thankful if you could have a look and let me know how I can make it better.

Thanking you,
Keerthan

Jorge Alberto Gómez López

Mar 23, 2016, 9:20:12 AM3/23/16
to BuildmLearn
Hi this is my draft proposal for mConference

Thanks
Jorge Gomez

Rubens Pessoa

Mar 23, 2016, 9:23:20 AM3/23/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello, guys.

I'm Rubens Pessoa and this is my proposal for Physics Simulations Android Application. I'm sorry for being late.

Swapneel Mehta

Mar 23, 2016, 9:29:06 AM3/23/16
to BuildmLearn
Hello Mentors,
This is well beyond late, and I understand you may not have the time to review this, but I'd really appreciate it if you could give my Proposal a glance before I submit it for GSoC 2016.
It's regarding the Wikipedia Mobile Editor :