Required knowledge to make most of this book

soumyadee...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2017, 4:15:42 AM8/21/17
to Building Skills Books
I would be thankful to anyone who'd let me know what're prerequisite knowledge one must have in order to make most out of this textbook. I came to know about this book recently,but not much experienced with regards to object orientation. I had taken UC San Diego's Object Oriented Programming in Java @ coursera,apart from that I don't have a workable knowledge.
Please anyone let me know this soon.

Thanks 2 all

Steven F. Lott

Aug 21, 2017, 7:58:45 AM8/21/17
to building-s...@googlegroups.com
There are three books. The two books about Python specifically (building skills in programming and building skills in python) are very old. The language has changed.

The building skills in OO design is also old, but, with some care it can be applied to python 3 programming. It doesn't require very much OO knowledge. It does require you to know python.

Sent from my iPhone

Soumyadeep Roy

Aug 21, 2017, 9:08:25 AM8/21/17
to building-s...@googlegroups.com
I do have a fair amount of knowledge in Python 3 programming as I had taken MIT's 6.00 @edx last year. Since then I was for to enhance my skills further by building any project,but having no prior experience in making a project from scratch - I was so scared and even worse I couldn't able to find out the start of it.
Luckily I found this book,someone suggested me. It would be again very helpful if you would let me know even further what're the outcomes for this book. Will this book teach the object oriented design???

Steven F. Lott

Aug 21, 2017, 5:28:30 PM8/21/17
to building-s...@googlegroups.com
That is the stated goal.