Sage Days 70: announcement

William Stein

Jul 30, 2015, 1:31:07 PM7/30/15
to sage...@googlegroups.com, sage-devel, bugdays
Hi People-who-might-care,

There is going to be a small-ish Sage Days in Berkeley, CA (in Evans
Hall) **November 9-13, 2015**. So far:

- Harald Schilly and I will definitely be there
- Fernando Perez (IPython) and other IPython/Jupyter devs will be
there some of the time
- Ken Ribet (Berkeley math, number theorist) will be around

Also:

- There is funding for some US citizens (probably about 8-10)

- There is funding for two non-US people (funding from the IPython
group), e.g., right now plane tickets from Europe in November are
under $1K.

It would also be great if somebody funded by OpenDreamKit could come,
since both projects: Sage/SageMathCloud/IPython are a big part of the
OpenDreamKit.

Please respond to this email or email me with questions: wst...@gmail.com.
In particular, if you want to come and need funding, or just have some
comments, contact me.

Oh, a motivation for this meeting is that Harald Schilly and I are
going to the Google Summer of Code Mentor summit at Google Nov 6-8,
right before this.

-- William

--
William (http://wstein.org)

William Stein

Aug 13, 2015, 12:48:06 PM8/13/15
to sage...@googlegroups.com, sage-devel, bugdays
Hi,

I just wanted to post an update. There's now a list of probable
participants on the wiki:

http://wiki.sagemath.org/days70

There's funding still for some US participants.

-- William
--
William (http://wstein.org)