Sage Days in June in Seattle

William Stein

Apr 4, 2014, 5:25:24 PM4/4/14
to sage-devel, sage...@googlegroups.com, bugdays
Hi,

I plan to have basically a long Sage development workshop for the last
two weeks of June in Seattle (June 16-30, 2014). The ostensible
topics are "Sage on the web" and "Bug Days". There is enough in the
budget for about 10 fully funded out-of-town participants, where fully
funded means airfare (avg of $800) and hotel (avg of $90/night). So
far there is one person on the list for funding -- Miguel
Marco-Buzunariz from Germany.

People that will (very, very likely) be involved in this workshop
(mostly local):

- Wiliam Stein
- Keith Clawson
- Andrew Ohana
- Mike Hansen
- Miguel Marco
- other local students...

Please email me (wst...@gmail.com) if you want to be one of the other
fully funded participants. Also, there is of course room for many
more participants (just not so much in the way of funding).

-- William

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics

William Stein

Apr 4, 2014, 5:25:57 PM4/4/14
to sage-devel, sage...@googlegroups.com, bugdays

William Stein

May 15, 2014, 4:44:32 PM5/15/14
to sage-devel, sage...@googlegroups.com, bugdays
Here's an update on the Sage days in June in Seattle.

We will have a large house near UW June 19 - 30:

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p906894

William Stein

May 16, 2014, 12:27:14 PM5/16/14
On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 1:35 AM, mmarco <mma...@unizar.es> wrote:
> What about the days before 19?

Participants will stay at a hotel those days, and we'll be meeting on campus.

Martin Albrecht

May 22, 2014, 11:00:02 AM5/22/14
to bug...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

so we're also staying in hotels during SD59 but we''l meet/hack in
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p906894 ?

Cheers,
Martin
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "bugdays" group.

name: Martin Albrecht
_pgp: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6532AFB4
_otr: 47F43D1A 5D68C36F 468BAEBA 640E8856 D7951CCF
_www: http://martinralbrecht.wordpress.com
_jab: martinr...@jabber.ccc.de

William Stein

May 22, 2014, 11:13:02 AM5/22/14
to bugdays, Miguel Angel Marco, Andrey Novoseltsev, marcos, Martin Albrecht, Julian Rüth
On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 8:00 AM, Martin Albrecht
<martinr...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> so we're also staying in hotels during SD59 but we''l meet/hack in
> http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p906894 ?

There are five beds in
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p906894, so (at least) five
lucky participants will get to stay there. Other participants who
aren't local will stay in hotels (either nearby or not + car).

I've not drawn up any official schedule yet, but there are five
international participants coming for the longest amount of time, so
it would make sense for them to stay at the house:

- Miguel Marco-Buzunariz,
- Andrey Novoseltsev,
- Marcos Rodriguez,
- Martin Albrecht,
- Julian Rüth.

Martin Albrecht

May 22, 2014, 11:31:48 AM5/22/14
to William Stein, bugdays, Miguel Angel Marco, Andrey Novoseltsev, marcos, Julian Rüth
That's of course the most convenient for me :) Note, though, that I'll only
arrive on the 24th.
signature.asc

William Stein

May 22, 2014, 11:39:28 AM5/22/14
to Marcos Rodríguez, Miguel Angel Marco, Andrey Novoseltsev, Martin Albrecht, Julian Rüth, Rob Browning, bugdays
On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 8:25 AM, Marcos Rodríguez <mar...@unizar.es> wrote:
> Hello William
>
> Thank you for all the effort.
> Since I'm only staying for 1 week perhaps should be better giving up my room
> in the guests house for a longer visit. Otherwise it is great for me to stay
> in the guests house .

That makes sense, esp. because you have a solid reservation at the
College Inn already (which is just a few minutes walk from the house).

So now we have:

AT HOUSE (5 beds):

- Miguel Marco-Buzunariz -- whole time that house is available
- Andrey Novoseltsev -- whole time that house is available
- Martin Albrecht
- Rob Browning (from Texas): 19-26 (leave on 26)
- Julian Rüth. ??

HOTEL:

- Marcos Rodríguez

> Thank you again.
>
> marcos
>

> El 22/05/14 17:13, William Stein escribió:
> Marcos Rodríguez Rodríguez
> IUMA y Centro Universitario de la Defensa
> Academia General Militar
> Ctra. Huesca s/n
> 50090. Zaragoza
> SPAIN
> +34 976739856
> mar...@unizar.es

Julian Rüth

May 22, 2014, 5:49:20 PM5/22/14
to William Stein, Marcos Rodríguez, Miguel Angel Marco, Andrey Novoseltsev, Martin Albrecht, Julian Rüth, Rob Browning, bugdays
* William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> [2014-05-22 08:39:28 -0700]:
> So now we have:
>
> AT HOUSE (5 beds):
>
> - Miguel Marco-Buzunariz -- whole time that house is available
> - Andrey Novoseltsev -- whole time that house is available
> - Martin Albrecht
> - Rob Browning (from Texas): 19-26 (leave on 26)
> - Julian Rüth. ??

I will know the exact dates on Monday. It should be something like
19-29. I would stay at the house if possible.

julian

William Stein

May 22, 2014, 6:21:45 PM5/22/14
to bugdays, Marcos Rodríguez, Miguel Angel Marco, Andrey Novoseltsev, Martin Albrecht, Julian Rüth, Rob Browning
Yes, definitely.

William