BuffettNews.com Newsletter - 10/02/2007

1 view

ne...@buffettnews.com

Oct 2, 2007, 3:53:03 PM10/2/07
to BuffettNews.com Newsletter
BuffettNews.com Newsletter
Published October 2nd, 2007

The latest news from BuffettNews.com
http://www.buffettnews.com/news.html

Highlights in this issue:

- New "Live from Anguilla" CD/DVD
- Fillmore Show in San Francisco Confirmed
- Sun Dogs DVD now available

Buffett News

Live from Anguilla Artwork
October 1, 2007 11:14pm Submitted by: Landshark07

The cover artwork for the Live in Anguilla CD/DVD is finally
available. The cover shows a picture of Jimmy Buffett with Bankie
Banx. The new CD/DVD combo will be released on November 6, 2007.
http://www.buffettnews.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-8611

You can pre-order the new album at:
http://www.buffettnews.com/music.html

Fillmore Show Confirmed - On Sale Info
October 1, 2007 2:31pm Submitted by: phjim

Live Nation has listed the ticket on sale for the show on 10/18/07 at
the Fillmore in San Francisco !!!

Jimmy Buffett & The Coral Reefer Band
Thursday, October 18, 2007
The Fillmore
1805 Geary Boulevard
San Francisco, CA 94115
Doors: 6:00 pm | Show: 8:00 pm

Tickets go on sale Monday 10/8/07 at 10:00 am PST !!!

(thanks to Mick The Pirate for passing that along to us)

Jimmy Sues Six Flags
October 1, 2007 9:25am Submitted by: ~ Parrot Bay ~

>From the New York Post: It Sure Bugs Buffett
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10012007/gossip/pagesix/it_sure_bugs_buffett.htm

DON'T mess with Jimmy Buffett and his "Parrotheads." The crooner is
going after Six Flags' 20 theme parks, including Great Adventure,
charging that its 10,000-member "Carrothead Club" for kids who are
fans of Bugs Bunny is a copyright infringement. But Six Flags rep
Wendy Goldberg told us: "I'm not sure how the concept of children in
foam carrot hats is going to be confused with significantly older
Hawaiian shirt-wearing, margarita-swilling Parrotheads. Clearly
imitation wasn't what we had in mind!" She says there are no plans to
discontinue the club.

Sun Dogs Documentary on DVD
September 30, 2007 9:45pm Submitted by: jonesbeach10

Sun Dogs, the documentary about the Jamaican Dog Sled Team is coming
out October 2nd. You can order the DVD at Amazon.com.

You can order the Sun Dogs DVD here:
http://www.buffettnews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62621

A trailer for the Sun Dogs movie is now available. There's a brief
clip of Jimmy adding his commentary.
http://palmpictures.imeem.com/video/tNQnrK7c/sun_dogs_trailer/

SUN DOGS is a story of second chances. Rescued from the streets and
animal shelters of Kingston, Jamaica, twelve stray dogs are trained to
be the stars of Jamaica's first dog sled racing team. The crew,
spearheaded by pop superstar Jimmy Buffett, brings the unlikely
meeting of a traditionally snow-bound sport to the sand and surf. But
it is not just the dogs that are given a second chance. The team's dog
mushers are given the opportunity of a lifetime as they cultivate
their love of animals while receiving an education and traveling the
world. Special Features on the DVD include four mini-documentaries:
"Jimmy Buffett and the Jamaica Dog Sled Team" - exclusive footage of
Jimmy Buffett; "How to Teach Your Dog to Pull in Harness;" "The
Jamaica Dogsled Team Taking on the World;" "The Work of the JSPCA;"
plus a "Dog-ography: Meet the Mutts."

Washington Post Article
September 30, 2007 7:33pm Submitted by: phjim

The Washington Post has an article "Return to Margaritaville".
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/25/AR2007092501973.html?referrer=emailarticle

The piece explains why people connect with Buffett's songs and lyrics,
and is not just another gratuitous article about Jimmy's ability to
create an atmosphere of escape. The editor's note on page 2 also
explains why he decided to go with the piece. (thanks to Scott E. for
passing that along to us).

Bama Breeze Tour Continues in Irvine CA
September 30, 2007 7:45am Submitted by: phjim

Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band performed last night at the
Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Irvine, CA.

The show did not have an intermission, but it did include a surpise
solo on vocals by Nadirah Shakor on the song "Wonder Why We Ever Go
Home" (from the soundtrack to the movie Rancho Deluxe).

The Set List rom the show is now available:
http://www.buffettnews.com/show1140.html

>From the OC Register: Attention, Parrotheads!, If you were at Jimmy
Buffett's Irvine show, we'd like to hear from you.
http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/jimmy-buffett-parrotheads-1868325-concert-review

New Photo on BN Home Page
September 29, 2007 3:24pm Submitted by: phjim

There's a new picture on the BuffettNews.com home page.
http://www.buffettnews.com/

Thanks to Jon Currier (BN username yaya ) a freelance photographer
from Vancouver Wash for passing that along to us. You can visit his
photo gallery here.

Margaritaville Cayman on Probation
September 28, 2007 6:47am Submitted by: phjim

The Margaritaville Cayman restaurant along the waterfront in George
Town, Grand Cayman has been place on probation after hearing
complaints from a nearby church about drunkenness, littering and noise
pollution.

Cayman Net News: "Elmslie Church objects to Margaritaville renewals"
http://www.caymannetnews.com/index.php?news_id=2070

Cayman Free Press: "Margaritaville put on probation"
http://www.caycompass.com/cgi-bin/CFPnews.cgi?ID=1025141

Buffett Honor Gilchirst - Flora-Bama owner
September 28, 2007 6:31am Submitted by: phjim

Alabama Live has an article "Buffett honors Gilchrist; benefit set for
Joiner"
http://www.al.com/entertainment/press-register/lspecker.ssf?/base/entertainment/1190885726246820.xml&coll=3

When Jimmy Buffett opened last year's "Take the Weather with You"
album with the song "Bama Breeze," an ode to a fondly remembered
coastal roadhouse, many took it as a thinly veiled tribute to the
famed Flora-Bama Lounge & Package on the Alabama-Florida state line.

But Buffett was more direct in tipping his hat last week during a
concert in New York City's Madison Square Garden. Flora-Bama owner Joe
Gilchrist was in the crowd, along with a small group of friends with
Gulf Coast ties, and Buffett singled both Gilchrist and the Flora-Bama
out by name as sources of inspiration.

Mentioned on Conan O'Brien
September 24, 2007 6:59am Submitted by: phjim

Buffett was mentioned on Late Night with Conan O'Brien: During a
speech, Jesse Jackson criticized Barack Obama and said Obama's been
acting like he's white. Yeah, Obama said Jackson's comments were
hurtful and they completely ruined his night at the Jimmy Buffett
concert.

What to do if you meet Mr Buffett
September 23, 2007 1:46am Submitted by: Pleasin & Teasin

The Capital Times has an article on a fan's encounter with Jimmy
Buffett: "Doug Moe: Parrothead's chance doesn't waste away"
http://www.madison.com/tct/opinion/column/moe/247308

Buffett Helps Surfers Healing Foundation
September 21, 2007 7:05am Submitted by: phjim

The East Hampton Star has an article on Jimmy helping autistic
children surf in Montauk NY: "Taking Autistic Kids for a Surf in
Montauk"
http://www.easthamptonstar.com/DNN/Default.aspx?tabid=3608

"It's the motion of the ocean," was how the singer Jimmy Buffett put
it. Mr. Buffett, a surfer himself, showed up to volunteer on Saturday
afternoon. Later that evening, he performed for parents and volunteers
at the Sunset Saloon on Fort Pond Bay in Montauk.

Buffett Performs Second Show at MSG in NYC
September 21, 2007 7:00am Submitted by: phjim

Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band perform the second of two
shows last night at the Madison Square Garden in New York City.

The Set List from the show is now available.
http://www.buffettnews.com/show1103.html

Buffett Performs at MSG (First Show)
September 19, 2007 6:29am Submitted by: phjim

Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band perform the first of two shows
last night at the Madison Square Garden in New York City.

The Set List from the show is now available.
http://www.buffettnews.com/show1102.html

Some highlights from the show's set list included:
"School Boy Heart" (last played June 29, 2006 at the Mohegan Sun Arena
in Uncasville, CT)

Some photos from Tuesday's MSG show are available in the Photo
Gallery:
http://www.buffettnews.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=116

All content Copyright ©2007 BuffettNews.com, All Rights Reserved.