Perl script

Mathias Rav

Dec 15, 2009, 12:44:28 PM12/15/09
to Budgetroid
Hi group

I wrote a Perl script to parse the Budgetroid export files (usually
named Budgetroid.save). Thanks, Simon, for adding a link in the
application, and cheers with the 1.4.5 release! To those who haven't
seen it, my script is available from http://svn.lolwh.at/budgetroidparser/budgetroidparser.pl
- it's a single perl script file, budgetroidparser.pl, which takes the
Budgetroid file on STDIN and makes an output of some kind.

To run it you need Perl (Windows users can use ActiveState's Perl
implementation, named ActivePerl). Put the Budgetroid.save file in the
same directory as the script and run the following from the command
line:
perl budgetroidparser.pl html < Budgetroid.save > Budgetroid.html

This will produce a Budgetroid.html file from your Budgetroid.save
file. You can also use the output format "plain" to get a plain text
output:
perl budgetroidparser.pl plain < Budgetroid.save > Budgetroid.txt

If you have comments or problems, feel free to respond here in the
group or personally to me by email.

Best regards
Mathias Rav

Zhuohuan Li

Dec 15, 2009, 9:13:15 PM12/15/09
to budge...@googlegroups.com
thanks mathias for the script!

I think if budgetroid can sync with web (i.e. budgetroid.com),
and we can manage/view transactions on the web,
that will be very nice.

:-)

Best,
Li Zhuohuan
--
Wrok lkie you dno't need the menoy.
Lvoe lkie you've neevr been hrut.

--

Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes Budgetroid.
Pour envoyer un message à ce groupe, adressez un e-mail à budge...@googlegroups.com.

Zhuohuan Li

Dec 15, 2009, 9:25:06 PM12/15/09
to budge...@googlegroups.com

thanks mathias for the script!

I think if budgetroid can sync with web,

and we can manage/view transactions on the web,

that is a very nice feature.

Mathias Rav

Dec 20, 2009, 4:36:10 PM12/20/09
to Budgetroid
On 16 déc, 03:13, Zhuohuan Li <zi...@zixia.net> wrote:
> thanks mathias for the script!
>
> I think if budgetroid can sync with web (i.e. budgetroid.com),
> and we can manage/view transactions on the web,
> that will be very nice.

You are very welcome. Synchronizing with a website shouldn't be
impossible, but I don't have the time on my hands to code such a site
- and in that case, my parser script would only be a tiny step on the
road.

Mathias