Link to latest WPMU or WP3 and Buddypress in Japanese

lost in translation

Jun 23, 2010, 12:44:14 PM6/23/10
to (BuddyPress担当) WordPress 日本語版作成チーム
Could anyone give me the link to the latest WPMU or WP3 and Buddypress
in Japanese, please?

Especially with a Japanese BBpress element.

I would appreciate an "all in one" download that 'just worked" rather
than playing around with .mo and .po files as I cannot make them work
with English language installs.

I lost Japanese in the last Buddypress update ... I do not know what
happened but it would be good if language files were not over-written.

BTW, Have the packages now been entirely translated?

The last time I noticed, there were still some non-translated bits.

Would anyone share with me a 'complete package"?

I am trying to repair a bi-lingual Japanese-English community urgently

Thank you.

Naoko McCracken

Jun 23, 2010, 1:11:48 PM6/23/10
to buddyp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The latest BuddyPress language files is here: for 1.2.3
http://wp-ja-pkg.googlegroups.com/web/buddypress-ja.po

> I would appreciate an "all in one" download that 'just worked" rather
> than playing around with .mo and .po files as I cannot make them work
> with English language installs.

Please note this is not a support mailing list but is for Japanese
package development.
Visit http://ja.forums.wordpress.org/ (Posting in English is ok if you
prefer so) if you are seeking help.

Thanks,

--
Naoko
http://detlog.org

lost in translation

Jun 24, 2010, 12:10:19 PM6/24/10
On Jun 24, 2:11 am, Naoko McCracken <i...@nao-net.com> wrote:

> Visit http://ja.forums.wordpress.org/(Posting in English is ok if you
> prefer so) if you are seeking help.

Actually, http://ja.wordpress.org links here:

http://wpdocs.sourceforge.jp/メーリングリスト

I am interested in developing an all in one bi-lingual package WP+BP
in a single download that 'just works' because bi-lingual support is
terrible at present.

But not quite as bad as the search function ...

The problem with http://ja.forums.wordpress.org/ is that if you use
the Search function, you are bumped over to the English language
website where there is no Japanese support.

I am really keen to help bridge the two communities because at present
they seem like two separate worlds with no communication go on.

What is the current state of play with the Japanese WP3 (MU) +
Buddypress? Does it still have many issues?

Thanks

Naoko McCracken

Jun 26, 2010, 9:09:01 AM6/26/10
to buddyp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> Actually, http://ja.wordpress.org links here:
>
> http://wpdocs.sourceforge.jp/メーリングリスト

Yes, as (BuddyPress担当) WordPress 日本語版作成チーム
(= BuddyPress Japanese package development team)
But I saw you have posted a support topic to the forum so I think this
confusion is resolved.

> I am interested in developing an all in one bi-lingual package WP+BP
> in a single download that 'just works' because bi-lingual support is
> terrible at present.

As far as I know there is no plan for that.
Installing the plugin and language files should work fine.
If it doesn't, please report what your issue is on the support forum.

> The problem with http://ja.forums.wordpress.org/ is that if you use
> the Search function, you are bumped over to the English language
> website where there is no Japanese support.

Search problem is something the Japanese team can't fix by ourselves
but it's recently addressed in the discussion taking place here.
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/415075
Please participate in there as well as wpdevel.wordpress.com.
To find out the current state of WordPress internationalization, I
recommend joining wp-polyglots mailing list as well.

> What is the current state of play with the Japanese WP3 (MU) +
> Buddypress? Does it still have many issues?

http://trac.buddypress.org/ would be the best place to find out at the moment.
For example: http://trac.buddypress.org/search?q=i18n

I will try to put together some plan for ja.buddypress.org launch and
updating BuddyPress language file soon.

Best,

--
Naoko