Hash Trash Run #1719

1 view

Olya Korzh

Apr 9, 2023, 1:43:03 PM4/9/23
to budap...@googlegroups.com
Hash Trash
Budapest Hash House Harriers
Run #1719 April 9, 2023
Easter Sunday
Hare: Pussy Peddler and her minions

On this wonderful and almost sunny day happy hashers went on a wonderful Easter adventure together. The trail was laid by our brave hare Pussy Paddler who commissioned two vicious dogs (Hairy Licker and Foster Failure) and two male bodyguards (Multy Cunty and Overexposed) to keep her safe in the forest. How she can feel safe around those four, is a mistery.

Yours truly was fashionably late as I have learned my lesson to never show up on time for the hash again. Also because it took too long to wash my hair after the gym class.

The trail started from BAH csomópont, which sounds fancy but basically means “junction”. Giving Head, Titty Tata and Sticky Wicked bravely pushed ahead uphill remembering to kick every check for all potential latecomers. So sweet of them! The trail went up Kálló Esperes utca (Dean street) and turned left towards Sashegy (Eagle Hill) Natural Park. All the way we climbed up to the gate, U-turned from the gate, and straight back into the city streets we went! That is where I spotted the pack walking back towards me. Oh no, what happened? Did the hares change their mind at the last moment? It later transpired that the happy foursome failed to pass the dress code at the park gate because only half of them were naked below their waists. How embarrassing!

Not to worry, the hares thought, forget the natural park, let us go and have fun at the cemetery! We will not need to wear any trousers there, in fact, in the cemetery many local residents do not even wear their skin anymore! Farkasréti Temető was very lovely, smelling of fresh flowers and decaying stones, just what one would expect. But there was one serious drawback to this daisy-pushing paradise. Titty Tata and Ivana Nukok were scolded by the security and told to keep quiet because for whatever reason. Thus the “On on” had to be sent via a text message to Sticky Wicket’s smartphone, which of course was an absolute sacrilege if you ask any hasher! If only the graveyard people could learn to respect true traditions… (sigh)

After this quick peek at our bright future, we were content to leave the boneyard and enjoy some live nature for a change. The flour trail conjoined with the blue triangle trail that headed up towards Ördög-orom (Devil’s Peak). The climb was steep and treacherous, we were puffing and huffing, but we were unstoppable! On the way up, Giving Head gave me … no, not what you just thought, but a Hungarian lesson, much appreciated, “a bányában van banya”.
Very soon we caught up with the hares, who had obviously run out of flour, steam, all motivation and any hunger for life. They just said “fuck it”, stopped laying the trail, sat on the benches and stared at the misty view in front of them. It was very lovely to see them! And lovely to meet Overexposed - returnee. Overexposed gave me another quick Hungarian lesson, and off we all went again straight into the forest!

As the hares had quit their job half-way, and refused to have anything to do with the trail-laying, we each had to fend for ourselves and everyone went wherever the hell they felt like, Yours truly hiked past the TV tower and ended at Széchenyihegy children’s railway station. By then it was time to call it a day and head back home, because that hash trash would not write itself! An underaged ticket clerk sold me an overpriced ticket. In defiance of my children phobia I bravely boarded the feared train. But! No matter how loud the little buggers screamed and shrieked and how much they spread germs and diseases, I kept my stoic face throughout the journey. Very proud of myself and fully support the idea of the segregation of children, although unlikely to sit on that train any time soon! On on.
To sum up,
- we had a hash
- the number of hares exceeded the number of runners
- no one actually ran, we walked and talked and laughed a lot
- the hares were caught half-way
- yours truly missed the circle, so who knows what happened there.
Next week’s run: Hare Today Gone Tomorrow to send out details soon, hopefully by Thursday. On on!
Ivana Nukok