Buckman Mayoral/Council Candidate Forum This Thursday!! 7-9pm Multnomah Co. 501 SE Hawthorne

Susan Lindsay

Oct 8, 2012, 11:27:10 AM10/8/12
to Steve Russell (steve@steelbridgerealty.com), Linda, Peter Stark, Pearce Susan, Dardinelle Troe (dardi@ditroen.com), Rick Michaelson (rick@icppdx.com), David Lorati, Jeff Reaves, Alex Bassos HAND, Nancy Tannler Brewster SE Examiner, Nancy Oberschmidt, t...@dhxadv.com, Brad Malsin, Brandon Sanders, Kelly Fedderson, Anne Dufay SEUL, Christine Yun, Cathy Galbraith, Martha Peck Andrews, FAIA, lamb-...@comcast.net, jevernden, Mike Dee, Jim Andrews, ahomberg, Donald -MacGillivray, Paul Loney Sunnyside NA Land use, Bob Kellett, buckmanboard, buckman-sustainability
Dear BCA Friends, Neighbors and Business Allies,

We have candidate confirmation!!  This Thursday, please attend the Candidate Forum and Debate hosted by the Buckman Community Assocation.  We will have pizza and light refreshments, so get there early.  This event is open to everyone and we hope you'll help us spread the word!!  Bring your specific "east side" concerns and point questions!!

Hope to see you there!!

Susan

ps...by the way..this is our new official meeting space and where the BCA will meet 7-9pm every 2nd Thursday of the month, year round.  Board meets 6-7pm.

Got some burning questions??  Send 'em in!  buckma...@googlegroups.com

BCA Mayoral & City Commissioner Candidate Forum, Thursday, October 11th

September 21, 2012 by Eric O'Connor

Still having trouble deciding who you should vote for in the upcoming Mayoral and City Commissioner elections? Come bring your ballot and figure it out at the Candidate’s Forum on Thursday, October 11th, sponsored by the Buckman Community Association. We’ll be asking Charlie Hales, Jefferson Smith, Amanda Fritz, and Mary Nolan where they stand on such topics as:

  • The Coal Train
  • Parking requirements (or lack thereof) for new apartment buildings
  • Fees associated with building permits and historic reviews
  • Access (or lack thereof) to the Public Involvement Process
  • Funding and support for neighborhood associations

There will also be an opportunity for attendees to submit their own question to the candidates. Here are the details:

What: The Candidate’s Forum
When: October 11th, 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Where: Multnomah County Headquarters Building, 501 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Commissioners Board Room 100

Position 1 Commissioner’s Forum
Amanda Fritz and Mary Nolan
7:15 – 8:00

break

Mayor’s Forum
Charlie Hales and Jefferson Smith
8:15 – 9:00

Pizza and light refreshments will be provided.

Joe Meyer

Oct 8, 2012, 11:53:08 AM10/8/12
to buckman-sus...@googlegroups.com
Susan,

can we please invite Scott Fernandez, serious write in candidate for mayor.

He is a micro-biologist-activist and would enliven our debate.a

He also have the asset of being terse.

Joe