BCA Board Elections: Next Month June 14th CCHS

Susan Lindsay

May 16, 2012, 10:27:14 PM5/16/12
to buckman-sus...@googlegroups.com
Dear Buckman Neighbors:

Next month we will hold elections at the June 14th BCA monthly meeting.  The Buckman Community Association is the registered neighborhood association for the area bounded by SE 28th, E Burnside, SE Hawthorne Blvd. and the Willamette River to the west.

The BCA is involved in many ongoing projects, including our yearly and *very* fun Buckman, Picnic in the Park to be held, Sunday August 5th in Colonel Summers Park. We also are engaged in ongoing sustainability projects, land-use reviews, transportation and safety issues, historic preservation, getting a community center built and helping neighbors connect and get results at City Hall.

 The BCA Board is a nine person body with two year electable terms. Terms stagger so each year half the positions are open for election.
All persons who live, work or have a special interest in Buckman are welcome to become part of the Association and to serve on our Board.

Next month, we will hold elections for four 2 year and one 1 year terms.  Please consider serving your neighborhood and running for the Board!  We welcome new volunteers!

The election will be 7-9pm, Thursday June 14th in the Central Catholic High School Library. Refreshments will be available!

Susan Lindsay
BCA Board Chair