BCA Board Elections Thursday: We Need You

Susan Lindsay

Jun 13, 2012, 3:53:12 AM6/13/12
to buckman-picnic, buckman-pool-heroes, buckman-sustainability, buckmanboard

Dear Neighborhood Volunteers,

This is an exciting time for the BCA as years of effort by neighbors and involved Association members have started to come to fruition.  Old Washington High School is at last being evaluated for redevelopment and reuse. Plans for the future Washington High Community Center are entering formal land-use review.

The successful and fun 3rd Annual Buckman Picnic in the Park is coming soon.  These projects and others that preceded them, (the Eastbank Esplanade, Burnside/Couch Couplet, Buckman Mural, etc.) and citizen working groups (the BCA Sustainability Committee, Historic Designation Committee and the Buckman Pool Heros) take the work of dedicated neighborhood activists, leaders and volunteers to make long-range goals happen and add positive change to our community.

This Thursday, the BCA will have our yearly elections, and we ask Buckman neighbors who love this community and want to be a part of progressively shaping its future, to come and run for the Board.  Board service is interesting, usually educational, at times challenging, but most of all engaging as you learn about and represent your community. It gives you an opportunity to contribute your individual talents and interests to help support and guide the group work of the Association.

We have a nine member board, and each year half the positions come up for elections, and we know for certain three positions are open.  Help us fill those positions.  Your service and commitment to one evening meeting per month helps your neighborhood make great things, both big and small, happen.

Agenda for Thursday, June 14th    BCA General Membership Meeting 7-9pm CCHS Library, 2401 SE Stark

Public Safety Update

Buckman Pool: Restored Funding and Thank You Fest.

Buckman Aug. 5th Picnic: Meet New Picnic Coordinator (Sheila Baraga  503-318-8338) and get involved!

BCA Newsletter for Summer

Historic Design Review Fee Reductions Report

Washington High Community Center Land Use Review Begins

BCA Board Elections

Light refreshments will be available at the meeting.     We hope to see you there!

Note: Due to the summer closure of Central Catholic, our July 12th and August 9th meetings will be held in the Multnomah County Board Room at 501 SE Hawthorne. Meetings will return to CCHS, Sept. 13th.