Suggestion: Small Image Scaling

Chris Harwood

Mar 21, 2024, 9:04:21 PMMar 21
to BubbleUPnP
Thanks for all of your years of working on such a great app 🙌! There's one small feature I've been missing, and so I thought I'd finally ask about it.

When displaying an image, if the image resolution is higher than the display resolution, it is scaled to fit, then you can zoom in, if you want, to some specific maximum. However, if the image resolution is already lower than the display resolution, it is displayed in its actual resolution, and it is not possible to zoom in.

As tablets and devices get higher and higher resolution, some of my older pictures keep getting smaller and smaller 😂. I wonder if it could be possible to zoom in on these smaller pictures, or perhaps put that behind a setting for those who would appreciate it!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and all of your time and efforts towards making this app so great!

Bubblesoft

Mar 24, 2024, 8:28:06 AMMar 24
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in BubbleUPnP and kind appreciation.

Yes, that scaling limitation is caused by the very old component used for viewing images.
It cannot zoom images as you noticed and the max it can do is display them 1:1.
I will look if I can change it, but might not be trivial.

Chris Harwood

Mar 26, 2024, 10:02:39 PMMar 26
to BubbleUPnP
Awesome! I'd be happy to donate to offset some of the time cost, if you decide to work on it!