Dropbox tracks will not play

Ian Glover

Oct 23, 2021, 9:44:00 AM10/23/21
to bubbl...@googlegroups.com
Hey.

Following a recent update (can't be sure it's the most recent update), tracks stored in Dropbox will not play. I can browse and press play, but the track will not advance past 00:00. This happens whether I play to my local device or try to cast it to another device. This has previously worked for years for me. Any suggestions please?

Thanks!
Ian

Bubblesoft

Oct 24, 2021, 3:08:56 PM10/24/21
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in BubbleUPnP.

I doubt this is caused by an update.
Can you send me (bubblesof...@gmail.com) a log file, attempting to play such track that does not play:

- launch the app
- go into More > Gear icon > Control
- Enable "logging to file" (at the end of the page).
- IMPORTANT: Exit the app (More > "X" bottom left icon)
- restart the app
- attempt to play such track that does not play
- exit the app
- email me the files found on internal storage:

On Android 10 and below:

/Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp/log.txt
/Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp/prev_log.txt (if present)

On Android 11 and higher:

/Documents/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp_log.txt
/Documents/prev_com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp_log.txt (if present)

You can access them with a file manager app and share them to your email app for sending them.

IMPORTANT: Make sure to not restart BubbleUPnP until you have sent or saved the log file as it is overwritten on app startup.