Weird question: Open Home -> UPNP/DNLA

Thierry Nk

Sep 1, 2021, 3:39:18 AM9/1/21
to BubbleUPnP
Hi

First, many thanks for so convenient software as Bubbleupnp and Bubbleupnpserver.

I am a HiFi/Music reviewer and I have installed all sort of media servers and control points app.

Some network players, as Auralic G2.1, accept UPNP/DLNA libraries, but only accept Open Home Control points.

I know that my question is weird, but can you imagine a way to make OpenHome  a UPNP/DLNA control point (as Jriver itself for example)?

Best and kind regards
Thierry

Bubblesoft

Sep 1, 2021, 8:19:10 AM9/1/21
to BubbleUPnP
No way, and this would be a downgrade has OpenHome renderers have advantages over UPnP/DLNA renderers (notably, not requirng to leave the Control Point running for playback queue track advance).

Thierry Nk

Sep 1, 2021, 2:58:14 PM9/1/21
to BubbleUPnP
Thanks