Scrobbling to last.fm App

Frank A. Helling

Feb 9, 2024, 11:33:21 AMFeb 9
to BubbleUPnP
Dear bubble Team,

first of all let me say, that I really love your apps!

I have the following issue:
I mostly use the bubbleupnp app to play my local files from a NAS running minim Server (had trouble installing your own Server app).

I have activated the option "Track number" in settings -> Library.
Unfortunately the last.fm app scrobbles the Track number, too.
Is there a way to prevent this behaviour?
I only want to scrobble the songtitle, not the Track number.
But I love to see the Track number inside the bubbleupnp app...
I'm on Android Version 13 (OnePlus 8T).

best regards,
Frank

Bubblesoft

Feb 10, 2024, 4:47:02 AMFeb 10
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

Thank you for the report.

I have fixed this for the next app update, removing track numbers from displayed titles in the notification,
which is read by scrobbling app.

Frank A. Helling

May 27, 2024, 10:16:18 AMMay 27
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

unfortunately the problem still exists. Just tried it with the actual release 4.3.7.
Regarding the changelog, it should have been fixed with version 4.3.4.

best regards,
Frank

Bubblesoft

May 30, 2024, 10:04:17 AMMay 30
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

I reviewed the relevant code and could see that happening if the track number is part of the filename (rather than in the metadata).
Can you give me an example of a track title exactly how it appears in the BubbleUPnP music notification (which the last.fm app reads)?

Frank A. Helling

May 30, 2024, 1:13:30 PMMay 30
to BubbleUPnP
The playing title in BubbleUPnP is formatted like this: 1. Track Title - Artist
All my filenames are formatted like this: 01 - Artist - Track Title
I have attached a Screenshot.
2024-05-30 19.09.44.jpg

I'm on Android Version 13 (OnePlus 8T).st regards,
Frank

Bubblesoft

May 31, 2024, 4:18:45 AMMay 31
to BubbleUPnP
Thank you for the detail.

I will fix it so the track number is never included in the notification title (to not mess up scrobbling).

In the meantime you can workaround it by disabling 'More > Settings > Library > Track number'.
This will disable the display of the track number in all track titles, including the notification.