"Pushing" audio files from phone to Amazon Firestick via DLNA - works on one phone but not the other !

Ghost123UK

Oct 26, 2022, 10:29:41 AM10/26/22
to BubbleUPnP
Hi folks.

I have two Android phones here with my much loved BubbleUPNP installed (with the licence)

One of them easily allows me to select my Amazon Firestick as a DLNA renderer from the BubbleUPNP App and works fine.
This one has BubbleUPNP version 3.6.8.2 on it (I will not update it until I understand what is going on here).

My other phone connects to the Firestick, but the Firestick screen only displays a grey "wave form" moving in time with the audio, but not a "player" GUI like it does with the phone that works. No audio can be heard.
This phone has BubbleUPNP version 3.6.10 on it and seems to be up to date.

I have very carefully checked ALL the settings on both versions of BubbleUPNP on both phones and they are (now) all the same.

I have no spent a (mostly happy) couple of days, on and off, trying to figure out why this is happening.

Anyone got any thoughts............

Bubblesoft

Oct 28, 2022, 11:26:55 AM10/28/22
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

I tested playing music to my Fire Stick (first gen, very old by now) and had no problem with v3.6.10.

I suppose the grey "wave form" you mention is the loading animation (5 grey bars moving as a wave), meaning that if they remain
for a while, the Fire Stick cannot stream from BubbleUPnP for some reason.

So I can have a look, can you send me (at bubblesof...@gmail.com) a log file recorded on the problematic phone, attempting to play on your Fire Stick a media that fails to play:
- launch the app
- go into More > Gear icon > Control
- Enable "logging to file" (at the end of the page).
- IMPORTANT: Exit the app (More > "X" bottom left icon)
- restart the app
- attempt to play on your Fire Stick a media that fails to play. Let the loading animation on the FireTV display for a while (say, up to 1 minute)
- exit the app
- email me the files found on internal storage:

On Android 10 and below:

/Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp/log.txt
/Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp/prev_log.txt (if present)

On Android 11 and higher:

/Downloads/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp_log.txt
/Downloads/prev_com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp_log.txt (if present)

You can access them with a file manager app and share them to your email app for sending them.

IMPORTANT: Make sure to not restart BubbleUPnP until you have sent or saved the log file as it is overwritten on app startup.