Using DS220+ as library source. Missing some albums in Bubble.

Chris Etheridge

Jan 9, 2024, 4:16:39 PMJan 9
to BubbleUPnP
New to Bubble. Most albums are present with some exceptions. Help. Can the library be re-scanned.

SimBun

Jan 10, 2024, 5:26:44 AMJan 10
to BubbleUPnP
Whilst BubbleUPnP is - in my opinion - easily the best UPnP control point out there, you'd benefit massively from installing a UPnP server such as MinimServer on your DS220+ and let it do the indexing; it's how UPnP is designed (server + controller + renderer).

K. Christopher Carvalho

Mar 6, 2024, 9:58:15 PMMar 6
to BubbleUPnP
Have you looked for the missing albums in the Folders view? Every time I have had an album or song missing from a different view, like Album Artists, Album, etc, it is usually because there is info missing or incorrect in the MP3 tag that prevents it from being displayed in those views, but it is always visible in the Folders view. I just have to edit the MP3 data to get it to show up where I expect it. The worst culprits are compilation albums. I believe Bubble UPNP scans all folders in the library on every start up. At least in my experience. And tapping Reload in the overflow menu will also refresh the library. Hope this helps.

Bubblesoft

Mar 8, 2024, 4:39:35 AMMar 8
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

BubbleUPnP only list folders and tracks as your Syno NAS media server enumerates them and return them to the app.
If files are missing:

- the media server could not scan them for some reason (unsupported format, file/folder permission problem, ..>)
- the file tags are incomplete (though they should be visible browsing by folder)
- you need to do a manual rescan (via the Web DSM interface, in top-right menu > Media Server)