Bubble UPnP stop playing one track and start the playback of the next track

Robert Godin

May 13, 2024, 3:30:35 PMMay 13
to BubbleUPnP
Bonjour

I control Qobuz Studio playback to my SOtM Streamer via Bubble UPnP running on my Lenovo Android 11 cell phone.

The playback with this set up has been perfectly stable for many months...but for a few weeks now, a few times a week, the playback of one track would stop...and then the playback of the next track would begin. Stop one track playback and skip to the next.

The only way I believe I was able to reduce the occurence of this issue is by having only Bubble UPnP running on the Android cell phone....and by killing all other mail, news or else apps.

I do not know if Qobuz change something in their set up...and I expect Bubble UPnP to have been updated in my Android cell phone lately to  4.3.6 (arm64-v8a) licensed.

Any ideas on how to address this issue are welcome

Carcajou

Bubblesoft

May 14, 2024, 10:13:37 AMMay 14
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

Try enabling More > Settings > Renderer settings > Qobuz > Proxy Qobuz tracks.
It does not alter audio quality.

It is also a good idea in BubbleUPnP to apply instructions in More > Settings > Disable system battery optimization.

Whinette Karmina

May 14, 2024, 10:50:41 AMMay 14
to Bubblesoft, BubbleUPnP
Related question, what does proxy settings does exactly? Is it proxyfing on one of your server? I have "https streaming" in mind.

Bubblesoft

May 14, 2024, 10:53:09 AMMay 14
to BubbleUPnP
No, it is the Android device that is proxying.

Without proxying, the renderer streams directly from Qobuz servers:

Renderer -> Qobuz Servers

With proyxing, it streams from BubbleUPnP which in turn streams from Qobuz servers:

Renderer -> BubbleUPnP (Android device) -> Qobuz Servers

Proxying helps fixing buffering and other issues renderers may have without it, which can result
in track not playing at all, playing with stuttering or stopping unexpectedly mid-track.

Robert Godin

May 14, 2024, 10:54:38 AMMay 14
to BubbleUPnP
Thank you Bubblesoft
I have set the Qobuz proxy "on" in Bubble UPnP as you advise... and the battery optimization was already disabled.
For a few days i will control Qobuz playback to my SOtM streamer by using Mconnect (licensed)- this to  identify if my Android cell phone is the common denominator with this issue. ..as I am not sure if my skip to next track problem is related when an e-mail comes in via BlueMail - it this triggering something into Bubble UPnP (or Mconnect)?
If Mconnect works ok for a few days - I will put back Bubble UPnP front into action with the config you suggested.
I have also disabled my 2 JRiver MC30 servers and a Windows Bubble UPnP server - just in case they would cause interferences or trigger something in Android Bubble UPnP
I will report the results in a few days time.
Carcajou

Robert Godin

May 28, 2024, 9:10:56 AMMay 28
to BubbleUPnP
Bonjour
Bubblesoft, I have enabled the proxy in Bubble UPnP in my android cell specifically for my SOtM streamer. So far (3 X 2hrs listening sessions) ....no more playback interruption nor skip to next track... .

But...I do not like the idea of having my Android phone in the middle of the  food chain of Qobuz streaming to my SOtM this despite my cell connects to its maximum bandwhith of 433Mb/s to my WiFi network.
I assume Bubble UPnP temporaly stores the music in the Bubble UPnP cache....I have notice for 14/44.1 playback - the cache is at around 400Mbytes...and for 24/192...it can big quite bigger.

Also, I had a similar issue of music playback interruption with Mconnect...but Mconnect would stop the playback...and would not skip to the next track.
I still have other things I want to troubleshoot in my home network...and I hope this proxy set up is just a stop gap measure until I find the cause of these interruption in my home network.

In the mean time...I will enjoy music playback with the proxy enabled.

Thank you Bubblesoft

Carcajou

Robert Godin

Jun 4, 2024, 7:44:04 AMJun 4
to BubbleUPnP
Bonjour Bubblesoft
SOtM just released yesterday a new firmware that fixes Qobuz playback interruptions introduced by the immediate previous version of the firmware. I have updated the SOtM firmware and after 5 hours of playback, ..I have experienced flawless playback...with the Bubble UPnP Proxy at "OFF" in my Android mobile.
So the source of the interruptions were not Bubble UPnP nor my old Android mobile.
Thanks for your support
Carcajou

Bubblesoft

Jun 4, 2024, 8:35:52 AMJun 4
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

Thank you for letting me know.
Probably fixed by updated upmpdcli/mpd.

carcajou

Jun 4, 2024, 6:42:59 PMJun 4
to bubbl...@googlegroups.com
SOtM MPD/DLNA apps were updated by SOtM to the version below a few months ago.
MPD version : 0.23.15
UPMPDCLI version : 1.8.9

In regards with Qobuz playback - it looks like they changed the firmware (V0.5.62) to reduce the frequency of the GUI refresh...which was taking too many CPU cycles causing Qobuz playback to be interrupted - this in previous versions V0.5.61 and V05.51.
Up to now...I have listened to more than 5 hrs of hi res music streamed from Qobuz to my SOtM without the Bubble UPnP Proxy...and it played flawlessly.
SOtM communication link is below.

The latest firmware V0.5.62 communication by SOtM:
Need testers for Eunhasu V0.5.62 Alpha version – SOtM – English (sotm-audio.com)

Carcajou