Playlists don't survive a server restart

Dave Easley

Apr 6, 2024, 10:10:42 AMApr 6
to BubbleUPnP
I rarely finish listening to a playlist in one sitting. When I come back to it (sometimes days later) the server will likely have been restarted. The playlist is still listed in BubbleUPnP but on selecting a track from it I get an error "Resource not found (code: 716)". I have to clear the playlist, go back to the library tab and rebuild :-(

Server is Universal Media Server 13.8.1, running on: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish) build 6.5.0-26-generic 64-bit

I understand this could be a server side issue but thought I would start here since I've heard such good things about your support :-)

Dave

Dave Easley

Apr 6, 2024, 10:52:23 AMApr 6
to BubbleUPnP
Just after posting, it occurred to me to do a little experiment.
  • Checked the metadata of a particular track from the playlist:
    http://.../get/591/01+-+Bellowhead+-+Rambling+Sailor.mp3
  • Restarted UMS.
  • Confirmed got the usual error in Bubble. Cleared the playlist and rebuilt exactly the same.
  • Checked the metadata of the same track:
    http://.../get/1070/01+-+Bellowhead+-+Rambling+Sailor.mp3

So it looks like UMS is building inconsistent URLs. Sorry to have troubled you.

Dave

Dave Easley

Apr 6, 2024, 11:24:59 AMApr 6
to BubbleUPnP
Now seeking help on the UMS forum

Hoping for the best but, in case they can't help with the issue, can anyone suggest a media server that doesn't suffer from this problem, i.e. generates consistent resource URLs between restarts?

Bubblesoft

Apr 6, 2024, 11:36:15 AMApr 6
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

I suggest MinimServer (music only, https://minimserver.com) as it is excellent and keep stable streaming links between restarts and rescans (as long as you do not move
files in the the filesystem).
Most media server keep stable stream URL between restarts but not between media rescans (usually manual).