bubbleup stops after a while

Frits Stuurman

May 30, 2022, 1:18:13 PM5/30/22
to BubbleUPnP
I play my music from Onedrive. After aprox 45 min or so the app stops playing. After that i have to restart the app to make it playing again. I use different devices with the same result. Do you have a solution for this?
Thanks in advance

Bubblesoft

May 30, 2022, 2:12:37 PM5/30/22
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

Thank you for the report.

This could be an access token refresh issue.
So I can have a look, can you send me (bubblesof...@gmail.com) a log file, playing OneDrive music until it stops to play:

- launch the app
- go into More > Gear icon > Control
- Enable "logging to file" (at the end of the page).
- IMPORTANT: Exit the app (More > "X" bottom left icon)
- restart the app
- play OneDrive music until it stops to play
- exit the app
- email me the files found on internal storage:

On Android 10 and below:

/Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp/log.txt
/Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp/prev_log.txt (if present)

On Android 11 and higher:

/Downloads/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp_log.txt
/Downloads/prev_com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp_log.txt (if present)

You can access them with a file manager app and share them to your email app for sending them.

IMPORTANT: Make sure to not restart BubbleUPnP until you have sent or saved the log file as it is overwritten on app startup.

Frits Stuurman

May 31, 2022, 9:12:45 AM5/31/22
to Bubblesoft, BubbleUPnP
Hello

Thanks for your fast reponse. I atteched the file you ask for. I hope it gives your enough information

Frits

Van: bubbl...@googlegroups.com <bubbl...@googlegroups.com> namens Bubblesoft <bubblesof...@gmail.com>
Verstuurd: maandag 30 mei 2022 20:12
Aan: BubbleUPnP <bubbl...@googlegroups.com>
Onderwerp: Re: bubbleup stops after a while

com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp.unlocker_log.txt

BubbleUPnP

Dec 11, 2022, 11:36:24 PM12/11/22
to BubbleUPnP
Have the Same Problem, onedrive stops after 20 Minutes and say http Error requests....maybe an api Problem ??

Bubblesoft

Dec 12, 2022, 5:19:54 AM12/12/22
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

Can you send me a log file, playing OneDrive tracks until they do not play anymore.
Follow logging instructions in the second post of this thread and send the log files to bubblesoftproducts at gmail.com

Fabian V

Jul 5, 2023, 6:55:55 AM7/5/23
to BubbleUPnP
Hi Bubblesoft Team,

Your assumption is correct, the error reads as follows:

OneDrive: Account access token is expired, refreshing
OneDrive: Refreshing access token...
OneDrive: Starting login silent
OneDrive: MSA silent auth fast-failed

I'll send you more details via email.

Regards,
Fabian

Fabian

Nov 25, 2023, 11:28:20 AM11/25/23
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

I provided additional information via email in July, now it's end of November and unfortunately it seems no one had time to look into this issue - and the bug is still there. After every 30 minutes of not actively browsing in OneDrive inside BubbleUPnP I need to restart the app to start reauthentication in OneDrive. This is extremely annoying, because it causes my audio playback to stop all the time.

Could you please have a look into this? Considering that the app does successfully re-authenticate after a restart, I would think that the fix should be easy enough by replacing the "refresh session" routine with the normal login function.

Thanks and regards,
Fabian

Bubblesoft

Nov 26, 2023, 5:50:35 AM11/26/23
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

This has somewhat fallen under the radar.
I will see if I can reproduce it but this is tricky to troubleshoot.
However, I plan at some point (not immediate future though) to rewrite entirely the OneDrive with a newer API (that will support business accounts)
that will probably not have this issue.

Fabian V

Nov 27, 2023, 10:10:10 PM11/27/23
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

Thank you, I understand that troubleshooting is annoying because you'll always have to wait, but I still would think that it should be easy enough to add a condition that says "if re-auth failed then do the normal authentication from app startup again". Because my workaround is to restart the app and go to the OneDrive folder so that the authentication is retriggered - that should be quite straightforward to replicate in code (preferably without app restart ;) ).

Generally I really like your app and recommend it here, but also mentioning the remaining issue with the OneDrive connection loss: https://fabian-voith.de/2023/11/26/reliable-mobile-last-fm-scrobbling-including-cloud-streaming/

If you need any information / logs / support to make this work, please let me know.

Cheers,
Fabian

Bubblesoft

Nov 28, 2023, 11:00:15 AM11/28/23
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

Nice article you have written here..
Really enjoyed reading it, from the very specific problem and use case explained, to the solution.

It is true that nowadays, most music player apps delegate scrobbling to scrobbler apps and these
app do it reading the media notification.
At some point BubbleUPnP was able to scrobble directly to a few scrobble apps sending them a specific Intent, thus not needing them
to read the media notification, but I removed it.
BubbleUPnP also still send the com.android.music.metachanged broadcast intent that may still be used by some scrobble apps, not needing notification access either.
It has been a long time I have not tried it so do not know if it still works (with some scrobble apps at least).
The Last.fm app may support it.

To get back on OneDrive, normally the credentials should be automatically refreshed on failure but apparently they don't, or not always.
I will try to reproduce it on my system but no promise that I will be able to.
It is unfortunate that OneDrive requires that refresh so often. Access tokens are valid for a much longer time with other services.