Slow adding of playlist on MiniDSP / Volumio

Tommy Olsen

Sep 13, 2021, 1:15:29 PM9/13/21
to BubbleUPnP
Hello!
When I use BubbleUPnP and add a playlist from Tidal for playing on the Volumio on MiniDSP SHD Studio, it takes a very long time before the "Adding playlist" notification goes away.

The first track starts playing after a second or so, so that's fine, but when adding 40 tracks from a "My mix 1" it takes 15-20 seconds before the adding to playlist notification disappears. Adding more songs takes longer. With very long playlists I just give up.

The MiniDSP runs Volumio 1.099 (A custom MiniDSP build I think?), latest version of BubbleUPNP on Android 10. Been like this since I got the MiniDSP about a month ago.

Bubblesoft

Oct 3, 2021, 4:50:51 AM10/3/21
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

Adding tracks to an OpenHome renderer like Volumio can be slow, as there is 1 http request per track added.
It's been improved in recent versions of upmpdcli, the OpenHome renderer implementation used by Volumio.