MQS

rusty kettle

Sep 19, 2022, 11:09:37 AM9/19/22
to BubbleUPnP
I'm noticing tracks appearing on playlists with [M] after the title which I think means either Master or MQS, but either way they will not play. Is this something new, it's nevr happened before.

Thanks

Bubblesoft

Sep 19, 2022, 12:23:28 PM9/19/22
to BubbleUPnP
[M] does indeed indicates that a track or album originates from a Master recording.
Though BubbleUPnP does not support HiRes MQA and the maximum is FLAC 44.1 kHz / 16 bit (CD Quality).
But that FLAC might have been generated from a Master recording (rather than the usual CD), which the app indicates as such.

Now, why it does not play is something else.
To which renderer are you playing to ?

So I can have a look, can you send me a log file, attempting to play a problematic track to your renderer

- launch the app
- go into More > Gear icon > Control
- Enable "logging to file" (at the end of the page).
- IMPORTANT: Exit the app (More > "X" bottom left icon)
- restart the app
- attempt to play a problematic track to your renderer
- exit the app
- email me (bubblesof...@gmail.com) the files found on internal storage:

On Android 10 and below:

/Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp/log.txt
/Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp/prev_log.txt (if present)

On Android 11 and higher:

/Downloads/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp_log.txt
/Downloads/prev_com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp_log.txt (if present)

You can access them with a file manager app and share them to your email app for sending them.

IMPORTANT: Make sure to not restart BubbleUPnP until you have sent or saved the log file as it is overwritten on app startup.

duncan.andrew

Sep 20, 2022, 11:55:20 AM9/20/22
to bubbl...@googlegroups.com

Hi

You asked for the log file relating to the problems I am having playing tracks with [M] after them.

Andrew Duncan

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2

com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleds2_log.txt