Issue with BubbleUPnP Server on Docker

J Littlemore

May 20, 2021, 1:43:32 PM5/20/21
to BubbleUPnP
I've had (not related to BubbleUPnP) issues with my Synology server and now I've got it back and running I'm trying to get all my containers working again.
However when I try to run the Docker container I'm getting theses errors in the log

[main ] INFO - 24:00:00.88 - Main : launcher version: 1.0

stdout

17:34:24

[main ] INFO - 24:00:00.232 - Main : first time setup: downloading BubbleUPnPServer.jar, please wait...

stdout

17:34:26

fips - softokn: crypto test failed - aborting

stderr

17:34:26

#

stdout

17:34:26

stdout

17:34:26

#

stdout

17:34:26

# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f930247e927, pid=1, tid=9

stdout

17:34:26

#

stdout

17:34:26

# JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (11.0.11+9) (build 11.0.11+9-suse-1.1-x8664)

stdout

17:34:26

# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (11.0.11+9-suse-1.1-x8664, mixed mode, tiered, compressed oops, serial gc, linux-amd64)

stdout

17:34:26

# Problematic frame:

stdout

17:34:26

# C [libc.so.6+0x26927] abort+0x1d9

stdout

17:34:26

Any ideas?

Regards

Bubblesoft

May 21, 2021, 4:09:45 AM5/21/21
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

That's very unusual.

Googling that "fips - softokn: crypto test failed - aborting" points at a bad mozilla-nss package inside the image,
but I do not see how this could happen, and nobody else has reported such issue.
Can you try a full reinstall, deleting the image and container:

docker rm -f bubbleupnpserver
docker rmi bubblesoftapps/bubbleupnpserver

Then proceed to recreate the image as explained on:

Damian Lavalle

Jul 5, 2022, 2:30:22 PM7/5/22
to BubbleUPnP
Sorry to dig up an old post, I have a feeling that running BubbleUPnP on a Synology server isn't exactly popular. I actually have this exact same issue. I'm running Docker on a Synology as well. DSM7

Bubblesoft

Jul 7, 2022, 4:43:16 AM7/7/22
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

Installing the openj9 variant of the container should work:

bubblesoftapps/bubbleupnpserver-openj9