Problem with Bubble Server/OpenHome/JBL Link20

Mark Webb

Sep 1, 2021, 11:04:25 AM9/1/21
to BubbleUPnP
Hello,

First time here, though long time user.

Server 0.9-update41 no longer seems to be able to queue songs to the JBL Link20 speaker if configured for OpenHome (with OpenHome being obviously desirable).  Still works fine if I play to the non-OpenHome vanilla version of the Link20 rendered and rely on the control point for queuing.

From Bubble for Android flashes up a current state of service prevents invoking message, followed by a 501 error.

This used to work fine, not sure when it broke.

I'm trying to play FLACs if that makes a difference, though doubt it would as the non OpenHome streaming works fine.

I also have a numner of other devices (Google Hom, Google Home Max, Google Chromecast Audio, Marantz amplifier) that seem to work perfectly as OpenHome reneders via Bubble Server.

Any ideas please?

Best regards,
Mark W.

Bubblesoft

Sep 2, 2021, 4:03:57 PM9/2/21
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

"current state of service prevents invoking message" usually means that a renderer is unresponsive to UPnP commands.
Maybe try a reboot of the renderer, just in case.
If the problem persists, please send me (bubblesof...@gmail.com) the BubbleUPnP Server log file (BubbleUPnPServer.log.0, located in the install directory on Windows),
after triggering the issue with the Link20. In your email, make sure to describe what you did (include the title of the track), and what happened.