DLNA renderer disables/turns off

Mark Kolmar

Apr 23, 2022, 11:07:11 PM4/23/22
to BubbleUPnP
Repeatedly over many months, renderer for Chromecast audio device disables itself. I have to manually check Create a DLNA renderer in the BubbleUPnP Server web interface. The Windows PC that runs BubbleUPnP Server does not reboot very often. I get the impression that the DLNA renderer disables itself or does not come back on reboot and has to be re-enabled manually much of the time, but not always. Device is listed but checkbox becomes unchecked. Any ideas? Do you need any additional information?

Also, I stopped trying to use BubbleUPnP player on Android in conjunction with JRiver MC because BubbleUPnP player, or server, or MC, cannot seem to cope with a large number of artists / albums in the server's responses. Or maybe I should say JRiver MC provides responses that are hard to deal with. Therefore it was difficult-to-impossible to select anything to play from BubbleUPnP player in MC server. Has anything happened recently that this situation might have improved?

Frankly, at some level I want to give up on Chromecast entirely. I don't know if everything I try to use in connection with Chromecast devices is terrible and has never worked properly, or Chromecast itself is just awful and unreliable in a way that gives me a bad impression about everything it touches. A lot of the time I  try and then give up trying to play anything on Chromecast audio at bedtime because it's been a consistent source of frustration for years. Won't start, randomly skips tracks, randomly stops at end of track unable to advance to next track in playlist, etc. JRemote2 is barely tolerable, and BubbleUPnP player simply doesn't seem to operate with MC's media server.

--Mark